can we put a background on the dashboard??

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. can we put a background on the dashboard??
1 year ago#1
topic
---
XBGT: Snappa || PSN: SnappaX
~ Love, Not War... Cant we all just.... GET ALONG??!!?? ~
1 year ago#2
I think so. I think the IGN demo had one.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
1 year ago#3
Someone here a while back suggested that you should be able to take the art work from achievements and save them as a background.

I would highly enjoy that feature added.
---
Always O.G.
1 year ago#4
is there a link for that?... cause i cant find any options to customize the background or anything
---
1 year ago#5
Bump for interest.
1 year ago#6
I'm kinda surprised that MS didn't give the option to change from the black background. That option exists in Win8. Plus, its an opportunity for them to SELL backgrounds too.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
1 year ago#7
aszsith posted...
I'm kinda surprised that MS didn't give the option to change from the black background. That option exists in Win8. Plus, its an opportunity for them to SELL backgrounds too.

hmm, k, so i take it no news has come out about this then... strange... as this was a feature the xb360 did so well.... well... hopefully they release an update that enables this.... not that i hate the black background... but it just would be nice to have more control over it's customization... right now it seems a bit ... stock and 'staticy'...
---
1 year ago#8
Its strange too, since you CAN change the color of the tiles. There are several visual items in the interface that seem to just be missing. Its like everyone at Microsoft thought that someone else was managing those things and then all realized at the 11th hour that no one actually was.

Still, its just an aesthetic that ultimately has zero impact on the performance of the device.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
1 year ago#9
So yet another option that is prevalent on the Xbox 360 with its themes and backgrounds which is missing from the Xbox One.

Awesome.

(Attn Fanboys: This is a post expressing continued disappointment, not trolling. Thank you in advance.)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
1 year ago#10
I would love to have this feature added again as well. I miss my holiday 2008 theme.
---
XBL-X Coming For U
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. can we put a background on the dashboard??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived