HDMI Passthrough signal degradation

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. HDMI Passthrough signal degradation
1 year ago#1
Hi all,

I've recently noticed a "flickering" on the color red while watching TV on my xbox one. When I connect my cable box directly to the TV (UN60F8000) it goes away. I've tried all the various settings on the xb1 and haven't been able to resolve it. I've also called my service provider and made sure that "HDMI Passthrough is enabled", which it is and I still get this annoying flickering only on red color. Examples of this are when watching boxing, red gloves "flicker" when passing through the screen.

Anyone else having similar problems? Any recommendations??
1 year ago#2
Bump
1 year ago#3
Have you tried swapping out the HDMI cable and see if the problem still persists?
1 year ago#4
I have tried various hdmi cables and problem still persists. I've tried to bypass the xb1 directly to the tv and the issue gets resolved. So to me, it seems as though the hdmi passthrough somehow degrades the signal or there is some problems with the pvr and the xb1 passthrough…scratching my head.
1 year ago#5
Make sure your cable box output is set to 720p. When I first got my X1, my cable box was set to 1080i and the pass through looked a bit degraded. Changing tom720p made a clear difference.
1 year ago#6
billsfanno1 posted...
Make sure your cable box output is set to 720p. When I first got my X1, my cable box was set to 1080i and the pass through looked a bit degraded. Changing tom720p made a clear difference.

That may have been it! I went into my pvr's settings (holding down "menu" when powered off) and noticed that my pvr was set to 1080i. Switched it to 720p and went back to the program I recorded earlier and did notice an improvement. However, the red's still seem relatively washed out compared to other colors. Could that be because it was recorded at 1080i?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. HDMI Passthrough signal degradation

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived