What Are You Doing Microsoft???

#1IMProdiGYPosted 12/16/2013 9:54:14 PM
Both me and my son have an X1. We both try playing Killer Instinct Online Ranked and we could never get into matches. I look it up and find out that we are strict. So I find the ports plug them in and the router only allows one X1 to be open.

I call my router company they know nothing, bug I call Xbox and they tell
Me that you can only have one X1 on a router to be open. WTH is that. We had both our 360s going with no issues. This also why party chat does not work.

Are there router that can support 2 devices? Is this a issue on PS4 as well?
---
gl hf
#2bloodlover4everPosted 12/16/2013 10:04:17 PM
I don't know but is there no system link option on XboxOne like the 360!
#3-Oath-Posted 12/16/2013 10:09:46 PM
That's awful. I'm sorry about that. I hope it gets cleared up.
#4Lerp85Posted 12/16/2013 10:13:58 PM
You can still play while moderate, so you don't absolutely have to be open. Heck, I have lived in a place where the router was strict most times, still found games just fine.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#5IMProdiGY(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 10:17:10 PM
Yea this is so dumb I just dont get why!! Ther are 7 ports now, 360 had 5. I just hope they fix it. I want to know if PS4 has the same issues.

I am getting a PS4 next year sometime and if I get it I will have 3 strict systems or just one open while the others are strict. My router through Att Uverse only allows me to put in so many ports.
---
gl hf
#6IMProdiGY(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 10:23:16 PM
Lerp85 posted...
You can still play while moderate, so you don't absolutely have to be open. Heck, I have lived in a place where the router was strict most times, still found games just fine.

That is the thing I even tried go get to be on moderate. Its like ur either strict or open. Im not going to be open while my suffers with strict nats. Finding games is nof an issue on BF or COD, but if is on Killer Instinct.

Also, the party chag will not work. When in a party, when my chat is on the other person can't turn his on. Then when I turn mine off the other person can turn thier's on, but now I can't turn mine on. It's a nat issue. From what I understand everyone is strict unless you add the ports.
---
gl hf
#7Lerp85Posted 12/16/2013 10:26:44 PM
IMProdiGY posted...
Lerp85 posted...

That is the thing I even tried go get to be on moderate. Its like ur either strict or open. Im not going to be open while my suffers with strict nats. Finding games is nof an issue on BF or COD, but if is on Killer Instinct.

Also, the party chag will not work. When in a party, when my chat is on the other person can't turn his on. Then when I turn mine off the other person can turn thier's on, but now I can't turn mine on. It's a nat issue. From what I understand everyone is strict unless you add the ports.

You would be wrong on your understanding. I live in a household with several gamers, two of us have xbox ones, and our nat is always moderate or open, never seen it strict, and we game at the same time. We also never had to port forward. Maybe its your router.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#8bloodlover4everPosted 12/16/2013 10:45:03 PM
Is there no system link option?
#9IMProdiGY(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 10:45:38 PM
Lerp85 posted...
IMProdiGY posted...
Lerp85 posted...

You would be wrong on your understanding. I live in a household with several gamers, two of us have xbox ones, and our nat is always moderate or open, never seen it strict, and we game at the same time. We also never had to port forward. Maybe its your router.

What kind oc router do you have? That is good to hear that there is a chance.
---
gl hf
#10IMProdiGY(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 10:45:51 PM
Lerp85 posted...
IMProdiGY posted...
Lerp85 posted...

What kind oc router do you have? That is good to hear that there is a chance.
---
gl hf