What Are You Doing Microsoft???

#11Lerp85Posted 12/16/2013 10:46:22 PM
OC router? What is OC?
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#12Lerp85Posted 12/16/2013 10:49:18 PM
It is a linksys wifi router n600 dual band 300+300.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#13xxBloodBathxxPosted 12/16/2013 11:11:57 PM
I wonder if you could set one up as a DMZ, then simply open up the ports for the other one.
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
#14IMProdiGY(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 11:17:10 PM
xxBloodBathxx posted...
I wonder if you could set one up as a DMZ, then simply open up the ports for the other one.

I tried all that. Even turned off firewall. Did a whole bunch of different things.
---
gl hf
#15IMProdiGY(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 11:18:39 PM
Lerp85 posted...
OC router? What is OC?

I meant to say of. Lol im on phone and miss clicked.
---
gl hf
#16Lerp85Posted 12/16/2013 11:23:53 PM
IMProdiGY posted...
Lerp85 posted...
OC router? What is OC?

Oh ok, well I posted what kind of router it is. I don't know much about routers but I know that the better routers will allow more traffic through them and in turn allow more devices connected at a time. May be time to upgrade your router.
---
#17IMProdiGY(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 11:29:16 PM
Lerp85 posted...
IMProdiGY posted...
Lerp85 posted...
OC router? What is OC?

Oh ok, well I posted what kind of router it is. I don't know much about routers but I know that the better routers will allow more traffic through them and in turn allow more devices connected at a time. May be time to upgrade your router.

Thank you very much I will look into it.
---
gl hf
#18Flybn11Posted 12/17/2013 12:45:45 AM
With the one, test your connection and it should open.
#19CapwnDPosted 12/17/2013 12:52:04 AM
This is nothing new, this is not a Microsoft problem. It's an issue with the router. I'll copy/paste my post from another forum:

Two or more Xbox 360s online at the same time

There's some things you could try but ultimately it's doing to depend on your router. Some can handle it with no problem, some will work but with issues, and some will just boot the other xbox off. Xbox.com used to have a nice link that showed routers that were tested to have two or more online, but they took that area down.

I like Dlink, I've had a few Dlinks and I like how they handle multiple (2, 3, 4, 5. more?) 360s online at the same time. Any of these routers should work with little or no additional setup, though the first thing I always do is get the latest firmware from your router's manufacturer's website.

Lately I prefer the Asus RT-N16 flashed with DDWRT (14929 build).

Things to try:

--You need to have no ports forwarded to either 360. Don't have either in the DMZ. Just enable UPNP.

--Try connecting one wireless and one wired.

--If that doesn't work, you can try port triggering, usually called Applications or Special Applications in the router's settings.

--If that doesn't work, you can try forwarding ports to one 360 and put the other in the DMZ

These are general tips, regardless of having two 360 or whatever:
--If you have DSL your router should be in PPPoE mode, and your modem may need to be put into bridged mode. Google the modem model number + "bridge" to find out how.

--If you have cable, make sure you just have a plain modem. Not a modem/router gateway. If you have a gateway, you can return that to your cable provider and save some money every month on your bill. And of course, you'll need to buy your own modem. Go to your cable provider website for info on what modem to buy. Your other option is to put the gateway into bridged mode, but I highly suggest getting the plain modem instead. Google your gateway model number + "bridge" to find out how.

--Don't make a manual IP address on any of your 360. Instead, reserve the IP address from the router's settings . If your router doesn't support that, then you could just turn up the lease time for the DHCP server so the 360 keeps getting the same IP address for a long time.

--Get the latest firmware for the router from your router's manufacturer's webpage. You can also see if your router supports DDWRT and use that.

-- never forward port 80 (or 53) on any of your consoles, regardless of the dumb guides you find online (and the Sony and 360 support sites). Your other consoles and computers need those ports. If you ever do forward with the 360, you only forward ports 88UDP and 3074 TCP and UDP, and you may want to look up the specific game for additional ports. But ignore ports 53 and 80.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#20TheolaHaloPosted 12/17/2013 12:53:43 AM
Xbox live requires 7 ports to be opened.
If your router has them blocked or you blocked them then simply open the ports.

This has nothing to do with the console. The issue is with your router.
Its like being mad at your car for the street being blocked.

Open the ports or forward them to ports that you choose.
Since youre likely under a NAT you will likely need to forward them