Dead rising 3 is cool and all but...

#21dementedlullabyPosted 12/17/2013 5:24:42 PM
I think it's the FoV or something. Farcry 3 had horrible FoV on console. It's not horrible to the point of making me ill but my eyes don't like it. Fine on PC though. Also Blood Dragon didn't have this issue on console.

RE6 had me seriously ready to puke. I had never felt ill from a game before. I had to adjust all the camera settings. It was fine after that but the demo had me just about reeling. I didn't check any visual settings for DR3 but take a look and see if there's anything to adjust. It could help.

I've been gaming for ages but for the most part I just played fps casually prior to last gen. Golden Eye 64 was probably the only old fps I really kicked ass at (007 fully completed and anyone playing me in local mp never lived). I've only ever had eye issues with certain console shooters. I attribute that to having surgery on my eyes as a kid though. I don't need to wear glasses for normal vision but I have a pair handy if I'm sitting far back and I also find they help this issue so I do wear them when playing a shooter.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#22BrusselsAffairPosted 12/17/2013 5:29:55 PM
...Beyonce had one of the best music videos of ALL TIME!
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
#23reaper329Posted 12/17/2013 6:36:21 PM
My mom suffers from the same thing. She can't do -anything- with 3D...

...except my old House of the Dead 3 copy back when I was...man, 15? 16? Mom's a hell of a shot with a light gun. Made her sick as hell, but she beat the first two bosses. I was proud.

Not sure how that relates to the topic, but sharing is caring. :p
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. - Tali
FC: 2208 4654 8189
#24jayoheazyPosted 12/17/2013 9:40:02 PM
Dramamine or Camamille tea should help. Honestly you just have to get used to it. There was a 1-2 year break from video games I had and the first game I played was BioShock. The FPS and enclosed setting made me feel so dizzy and sick. After hours and hours of just sticking with it it went away.