IF ONLY: Shenmue 3 and Kinect

#11SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 7:59:35 AM
I mentioned in my "Kinect of the Dead" thread that I feel Microsoft has a distinctly Sega-esque vibe to it; well, especially in the early days of the brand. A lot of their marketing, peripherals and strategies were identical to later Sega efforts (as well as the machine being the asylum to all the poor homeless Sega games!

So when the Dreamcast finally beeped it's final "The VMU has no batteries and I want to wake up the family" startup screech, I had already played the hell out of Shenmue and Shenmue 2, but I still bought the port on the Xbox for the second game anyway.

Quite why they never ported the original was beyond me - I think it was perhaps the minor graphical upgrade seemed of the sequel seemed to "sell" the power of the Xbox a bit better (or at least saved more face). I'm not sure if it was perhaps an engine or compatibility issue?

Anyway, though logically it's more likely to be Sony that'd acquire the IP (See: Yakuza), I definitely feel more like the Xbox is a more appropriate "home" for the series.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#12A-2TheKPosted 12/17/2013 8:13:19 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
A-2TheK posted...
Shenmue 3, should it happen, will never, ever, ever be an X1 exclusive. I am 99% sure if that game is ever made it will be ps4 exclusive. Not because I'm a fanboy or any other ridiculous reason, but because the majority of the Shenmue fanbase live in Japan, MS would be wasting their money. I'd love it to be multiplatform, but the way the rights are owned would mean one company paying for it, that company would be Sony.

Shenmue 2 was only on xbox wasn't it(unless you got the eu disc on the dreamcast)? So it could be a possibility. That being said I doubt this game will ever be made... :(

Yeah I did get the Dreamcast disc, I'm in the UK. Completely forgot it was on Xbox :/ Sony actually recently did a vote for what you want type thing on Facebook and the voting was dominated by Shenmue 1 & 2 HD and Shenmue 3. But like I said if someone has to pay for it, they'll want the exclusive rights and I just see it being too big a risk for MS. I just want the damn game on anything, though.
---
God, did you remember to render everything?
FlameLurker666
#13Pantera_head667Posted 12/17/2013 8:33:34 AM
Shenmue 3 could be more open world nowadays too!. No loading screens, dlc arcade machines for sega classics, buses for fast travel, the pawn shop could have like an online trading system for the little collectable toys, gain injuries from street fights etc to give buying food a point. (i cant remember if the camera feature was only in the xbox version or not, but that could certainly be expanded on, like taking pictures of characters and landmarks for an achievement or something)

Haha, i get all enthusiastic whenever i get thinking about Shenmue. Saddest loss in gaming.
---
_,-' Dance to the decadence dance '-,_
#14LovecraftiangodPosted 12/17/2013 8:42:20 AM
Shenmue 1 and 2 were huge financial losses for Sega. Why would Sega make a third game only to lose huge amounts of money again? The series is dead get over it.
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#15A-2TheKPosted 12/17/2013 8:51:48 AM
Lovecraftiangod posted...
Shenmue 1 and 2 were huge financial losses for Sega. Why would Sega make a third game only to lose huge amounts of money again? The series is dead get over it.

Get out of here with your realistic bs!! Seriously though, this is why one company would have to acquire the exclusive rights for it and pay for it to be made. That company would be the one who can guarantee at the least Japanese sales. Its also why the best we can hope for at the moment is a HD remake and if that sells well, maybe we can get number 3.
---
God, did you remember to render everything?
FlameLurker666
#16SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 11:02:55 AM
"Ine-san. Can I have my pocket money?"
"Ryo-san. You're forty now. Get a job."
"I still need to find Lan Di. That IS my job."
"Well, can it bring in some money? My prostitution gig isn't bringing in much, considering I'm ninety now."
"UGH GAWD. Get Fuku-san to get a job."
"Fuku-san HAD job, but you got him fired, loitering around, asking people if they knew what some dragon sigil on a spoon was, or something."
"Ine-san, just give me my ****in' money."
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#17DojoMaxPosted 12/17/2013 11:12:20 AM
10/10
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#18KenshinXSlayerPosted 12/17/2013 11:42:35 AM
Adam Koralik makes perfect sense, as to why Shenmue III will NEVER go to the Xbox One.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmu-l51VYTQ
---
Currently Playing-A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D World
Waiting On-Dark Souls II (PS3), Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), The Last Guardian
#19MixorzPosted 12/17/2013 12:04:37 PM
Lovecraftiangod posted...

They would have to market it and make it appealing to younger kids. So that means Ryo needs to swear left and right, and be banging hoes errday. He needs to be a binge drinker and smoke tons of weed. He needs to wear skinny jeans, Affliction shirts and snap backs. He also needs his arms all sleeved up with tribal yolo tats. Also, the fights need to end in gruesome deaths. In fact, no, replace fighting with matrix style cover shooting gun battles. All to some epic wub wub and you got the makings of a AAA guaranteed million seller.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift