Kinect of the Dead

#1SigmaLongshotPosted 12/17/2013 7:35:28 AM
I love Sega, and I don't know why, but I always saw the Xbox brand as something of a spiritual successor to Sega's console legacy. Perhaps it was the fact the Xbox championed many Sega brands and re-imaginings, from Panzer Dragoon to the picture-perfect ports of Shenmue and Phantasy Star Online. Perhaps it was that the Xbox's controller was clearly very much working from the Dreamcast pad's template. I'm not sure, but I got the Sega vibe.

One of my favourite Sega franchises is one of their best arcade games - House of the Dead. The schlocky, camp acting, the "taking itself seriously... or is it?" graphical style - it screams fun, and they went one further with the hilarious "Typing of the Dead" which took House of the Dead 2 and re-imagined it in a world where typing the on-screen words would kill the beasts they were attached to. Starting on level one where you'd have to type words like "BIG" and "DOG", it got more and more intense up until the final boss when you were forced to write the abridged works of Shakespeare.

Now, here with Kinect, I'm thinking... how about we take this one step further? The same concept, but yelling and spelling the words in order to defeat the beasties?

Imagine seeing a zombie lurching forth with the word "cat" on his chest. "CAT!" you'd shout, and down he'd go. But five levels on and the same zombie gets harder to beat because HIS word is "Otolaryngology" or something.

Of course, the further benefits of this would be that the complete dolts of the Xbox Live community would be able to extend their collective vocabulary to more than curse words and rapperisms.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#2CryptidhunterPosted 12/17/2013 7:47:51 AM
I like this idea.
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth. FC: 1246 5335 2801 Corey
#3SkeddyConwayPosted 12/17/2013 7:52:25 AM
I don't
---
...like hearding cats, if the cats stopped every so often to call you gay.
GT/PSN/GC: Skedd
#4SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 10:59:21 AM
Now imagine if you mispronounce, you're penalised by having to reload. By actually shouting RE-RE-RE-RE-RELOAAAD!

(Anyone that's played House of the Dead will know how humorous this is. I purposely kept firing the lightgun with an empty clip just to hear the RE RE REs.)
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#5natevinesPosted 12/17/2013 11:00:36 AM
Did you know there's a Texting of the Dead? Funny
#6DojoMaxPosted 12/17/2013 11:17:05 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Now imagine if you mispronounce, you're penalised by having to reload. By actually shouting RE-RE-RE-RE-RELOAAAD!

(Anyone that's played House of the Dead will know how humorous this is. I purposely kept firing the lightgun with an empty clip just to hear the RE RE REs.)

Again.... 10/10. Half these guys aren't even old enough to remember that.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#7CourtofOwlsPosted 12/17/2013 3:32:58 PM
there's a newer typing of the dead than that,just came out in october
---
[?]
Boycott Best Buy!