After playing both consoles I have to admit...

#1ninja_starXPosted 12/17/2013 1:18:44 PM
That xbox one has the better games for now, I have both consoles hooked up and was planning on selling the xbox one but games like forza and killer instinct are really making me reconsider, only games I even play on my ps4 are multiplats like cod, bf4 and asscreed so I'm not sure what to do now. I want to keep it but at the same time I hate the fact that most multiplats will perform better on the ps4. What to do? :(
#2tokenblackguy23Posted 12/17/2013 1:21:53 PM
Keep both??
---
Arsenal!!!!!
#3crucialPosted 12/17/2013 1:30:04 PM
I have both as well,my PS4 is a dust collector after plating Resogun,got multi plats on X1 because all my friends have them on X1 as well,wish I would have waited until The Order 1886 came out to get a PS4,X1 launch and soon TF then Halo makes the X1 the choice console for 2014,then my guess in 2015 Sony will start to flood the market with exclusives like PS3 is now.

Keep both since both will have great 1st party titles,you will be out of the loop this gen if you don't own both.
#4ninja_starX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 1:34:23 PM
tokenblackguy23 posted...
Keep both??

I could but I would rather buy one later after a few more games get released and maybe even a price cut but for now I need to decide which console to keep, the one with better multiplats or better exclusives.
#5YoYoHaHaPosted 12/17/2013 1:39:58 PM
Go with your gut. Why worry about the future if you are having fun today?

Also, There's no hard proof that multiplats will necessarily look better on PS3 once the devs get a handle on the next gen tech.

Case and point the PS3 was also technically superior to the 360, but he 360 often looked better than the PS3 versions.

Sure some launch titles looked a bit better on PS4, but was it night and day? Not in my opinion. If you've played Forza and Ryse you'll have an idea of how good games on the One can look, and will only improve over times as games do each generation.

I'll pick up a Ps4 at some point, but I haven't seen an announced game for ps4 that I've said "I need that!" Like I did with DR3, Forza, Titanfall, etc.
---
Peace and love, peace and love!
#6AceMagasePosted 12/17/2013 1:40:55 PM
ninja_starX posted...
That xbox one has the better games for now, I have both consoles hooked up and was planning on selling the xbox one but games like forza and killer instinct are really making me reconsider, only games I even play on my ps4 are multiplats like cod, bf4 and asscreed so I'm not sure what to do now. I want to keep it but at the same time I hate the fact that most multiplats will perform better on the ps4. What to do? :(

Considering XBox One has better exclusives now and more announced then PS4 now, it's an easy decision - you keep the one with the games.

PS4 may be more powerful but that power hasn't amounted to much. All side by side videos of current releases look virtually identical.

I'm waiting on at least a few more exclusives before I pick up a PS4. It wasn't until about 2 years into the PS3's life that it had any exclusives to sell me the system and it's looking like PS4 is on the same path.
#7NinjaGuerraPosted 12/17/2013 1:42:34 PM
YoYoHaHa posted...

Also, There's no hard proof that multiplats will necessarily look better on PS3 once the devs get a handle on the next gen tech.

Case and point the PS3 was also technically superior to the 360, but he 360 often looked better than the PS3 versions.

Sure some launch titles looked a bit better on PS4, but was it night and day? Not in my opinion. If you've played Forza and Ryse you'll have an idea of how good games on the One can look, and will only improve over times as games do each generation.

I'll pick up a Ps4 at some point, but I haven't seen an announced game for ps4 that I've said "I need that!" Like I did with DR3, Forza, Titanfall, etc.

Many will disagree saying that current multiplats already look tons better on PS4 but I feel the difference is minuscule if there is any.
---
No game will ever come close to the fun I had playing Castlevania: HD.
PSN/Gamertag/Steam: NinjaGuerra
#8AceMagasePosted 12/17/2013 1:46:43 PM
NinjaGuerra posted...
YoYoHaHa posted...

Many will disagree saying that current multiplats already look tons better on PS4 but I feel the difference is minuscule if there is any.

They can disagree all they want - the fact remains that when you put both side by side there's almost no difference. Pretty much every site has done a comparison of one game or another and almost unanimously said that there isn't any significant difference. If you were to play both seperately you wouldn't even be able to tell
#9phoenix9291Posted 12/17/2013 2:33:49 PM
AceMagase posted...
NinjaGuerra posted...
YoYoHaHa posted...

They can disagree all they want - the fact remains that when you put both side by side there's almost no difference. Pretty much every site has done a comparison of one game or another and almost unanimously said that there isn't any significant difference. If you were to play both seperately you wouldn't even be able to tell

Reminds me of the ps3/360 oblivion comparisons. I played the game quite a bit on both systems and did not notice the huge difference that I heard many say. The only thing that made the 360 version better was all the extra dlc that it got and even then it was really a minor thing.

I see similar things happening this gen
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#10TerraUniversePosted 12/17/2013 2:40:31 PM
Maybe you should try Call of Duty: Ghosts and compare both the Xbox One and PS4 console.

I'm not sure what makes you say one will perform better than on another console. Games are made on a game-by-game basis and the programming is different.

Yes, some of the launch games were not in 1080p for Xbox One, but that doesn't automatically mean it's performing less. There are other aspects of a game like frame rates and lag. The Xbox One game for example could have the lower resolution, but have better frame rates, etc. That's what performance means.

A lot of games are getting lower resolutions because the developers are having to balance out the resolution with other aspects of the game.