Will the One have any games like The List of Us?

#812ndAtomiskPosted 12/18/2013 2:20:17 PM
The Last of Us was amazing in every single department except for the gameplay. I don't get it either. It shines everywhere else, but the gameplay was quite average.

But a game like TLoU? What a zombie survival kind of game? Who knows.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#82GnarKillsPosted 12/18/2013 3:25:43 PM
teehee23 posted...
Easily.
Even Too Human is better than The Last of Us as far as storytelling goes.
Alan Wake smoked Last of Us like a cheap cigar in every aspect and Quantum Break is going to be even more magnificent.

You're welcome.

Alan Wake is one of my favorite games last gen and the story was good but that game doesn't even come close to The Last of Us. Best game I played last gen along with Uncharted 2. Naughty Dog is the only reason I'll eventually own a PS4.
---
GT- GnarKills Currently Playing - CoD Ghosts(360/X1), Ryse, Dead Rising 3, NBA 2K14(X1), Battlefield 4(X1), Killer Instinct, Lego Marvel(X1), AC4:Black Flag(X1)
#83crucialPosted 12/18/2013 3:44:04 PM
LoU did everything but fun factor,beat it once and never even thought of playing it again,seem's like it would be a chore to slug through it again,one of the best storys ever though,looks great and a well designed game that looked fantastic,but as I stated before it was just not a fun game,would make for a better movie.
#84zinsindettaPosted 12/18/2013 3:56:24 PM
Bad games, yeah One has a bad game called LocoCycle.

Before anyone thinks I haven't played The Last of Us, check the trophies. I did, it sucked. I just don't get the hype/love for it. Unlikable characters, linear to the point you can't go back in a game full of collectibles and managing your inventory, boring get ladder/find plank and push Ellie filler parts, BS stealth, boring winter chapter and I could go on forever. I really hated that game, maybe because I thought it would be so great compared to the hype and I already love Uncharted.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#85natevines(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 6:52:53 PM
Thanks for correcting me on the spelling guys
#86josuna123Posted 12/19/2013 6:55:20 PM
zinsindetta posted...

Before anyone thinks I haven't played The Last of Us, check the trophies. I did, it sucked. I just don't get the hype/love for it. Unlikable characters, linear to the point you can't go back in a game full of collectibles and managing your inventory, boring get ladder/find plank and push Ellie filler parts, BS stealth, boring winter chapter and I could go on forever. I really hated that game, maybe because I thought it would be so great compared to the hype and I already love Uncharted.

What the heck.
I don't even know what to say about this guy.
At all.
Besides he doesn't appreciate video games.
#87RebelGameMasterPosted 12/19/2013 6:58:55 PM
bessy67 posted...
"i" and "a" are so far apart on the keyboard...

Maybe he's on an apple product while posting.

TC: The Last Of Us.
Apple Auto Correct: He meant list, yeah, list it is.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#88Lerp85Posted 12/19/2013 7:04:09 PM
josuna123 posted...
zinsindetta posted...

What the heck.
I don't even know what to say about this guy.
At all.
Besides he doesn't appreciate video games.

Or, ya know, a difference in opinion to you. Thats probably it.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#89MajesticFerretPosted 12/19/2013 10:48:47 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
The game actually has a terrible story that is terribly told. Its just the characters that were cool. But by the ending, you are just like "wtf? This really makes no sense and is so poorly explained..." and Joel as a character is completely destroyed.

Joel is completely unrelatable since he has that whole generic "oh I see my daughter in you" crap. The story itself begins with utter cheese when your daughter dies as its just a tasteless mechanism to make you feel sorry for the character even though you have no idea who he is.

The melee is wonky, the stealth mechanics are repetitive and uninspired (and a joke to anyone whose played Fallout...), the shooting is quite terrible. Really, the "stealth mechanics" just boiled down to waiting for people to strangle and stab or throwing bricks at them and getting an auto kill. And omg, its just so immersion breaking when your dumbass NPC allies just run everything and grind their faces into the zombies balls without them even noticing.

Joel massacres the Fireflies? Wow, that makes a whole lot of sense.

Lets face it, GTA5's Trevor is the better version of Joel. GTA5 this year has better gameplay, far more content and better characters in a better story.

I respect the attempt to convey your opinion, but most of your points are garbage.

1. Fun Fact: Emotional leading has been shown to pull greater heart strings than the "unpredictable" deaths that ignorant people on the Internet seem to recommend. Whenever a series "randomly" kills off a character, it almost always pisses the audience off. Basically, it's been proven a degree of predictability is BETTER writing when it comes to character deaths, which makes 100x more sense than most Internet trolls implying a death needs to equate to surprise butt sex and completely catch the viewer off guard to mean anything, when it doesn't.

Everyone and their dog saw the intro to LoU coming 1000 miles away. It didn't matter, because it was just freakin sad and very well acted. The argument that you need to "know" a character to relate to a very understandable loss is faulty logic as well.

2. Joel can massacre mini armies of people because it's a video game. Where are the complaints about killing entire armies in GTA and Dead Space? Joel is a **** ton of a bigger hard ass than an engineer and robbers, yet they have higher plausibility in what they can do? This is called hypocrisy.

3. GTA and Dead Space have indisputably crappier melee than LoU. The melee of that game is smooth as butter, and you're the only person to pull this complaint out of your ass, probably because you came into the game hating it and you're grasping at straws.

4. Trevor has nothing in common with Joel and GTA has completely unrelated gameplay other than both being in 3rd person. This is a Metroid to Halo level of ignorance in comparison. The funny thing is there's about 50 games that play just like GTAV. People are having a hard time in this topic recommending a game similar to LoU because it's gameplay is really essentially it's own.

5. Joel hated Elle 90% of the game and liked her for completely unrelated reasons to any father daughter relationship. More grasping at straws on your part.

6. The knock about zombies not detecting AI is a stupid complaint. It's a blatant hardware limitation. There isn't a single game where you have areas as open as the LoU where the AI can follow yet be realistically stealthy. No game is even close. PS4 and One won't be capable of this. So ND did what they had to do: make it so the enemies only become alerted by you.

I don't have enough room in a single post to rip up this much crap. I could break it down why the ending makes perfect sense too if you'd like.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#90CuteBlueBabyBeaPosted 12/19/2013 11:29:34 PM
zinsindetta posted...

easy. it's because you have terrible taste