What if Microsoft lost Halo exclusivity?

#11TrickyPonyPosted 12/18/2013 12:28:18 PM
muscle_man69 posted...
People still care about halo?

you don't exactly have your finger on the pulse of gaming if you have to post this
#12BTM4444Posted 12/18/2013 12:32:10 PM
I wouldn't care, Halo is garbage now.
---
Owner of an Xbox One, Xbox 360, 3DS, and Ouya :)
BF4>>>>>BO1>COD4>WAW>GHOSTS>MW2>MW3>BO2
#13D_Lewis21(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 4:37:19 PM
mcnichoj posted...
They own Halo, that will never happen.

Sony could pay whoever is responsible for handling the legal ownership to sell the IP to them.
---
"Celtic fans are the best in the UK by a massive distance" - VicTimothy user
Robin van Perfect FTW!!http://i.imgur.com/76G0KSg.jpg
#14ElPolloDiablo87Posted 12/21/2013 4:55:31 PM
D_Lewis21 posted...
mcnichoj posted...
They own Halo, that will never happen.

Sony could pay whoever is responsible for handling the legal ownership to sell the IP to them.

Yes, Sony could pay Microsoft and buy Halo. But I doubt Sony has enough money to cover what MS would ask for it.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#15cloud_8f8fPosted 12/21/2013 5:06:05 PM
D_Lewis21 posted...
And it went multi-platform? Or even worse, became a Sony exclusive? Where would that leave the Xbox One and Microsoft?

I would hope not since Halo is pretty much the ONLY thing XBox has left. Doesn't matter, really. Microsoft Xbox won't last much longer anyway.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3), Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (PS3)
Official Reshiram of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#16krystylaPosted 12/21/2013 5:07:19 PM
cloud_8f8f posted...
D_Lewis21 posted...
And it went multi-platform? Or even worse, became a Sony exclusive? Where would that leave the Xbox One and Microsoft?

I would hope not since Halo is pretty much the ONLY thing XBox has left. Doesn't matter, really. Microsoft Xbox won't last much longer anyway.

I'd like some of what you are smoking
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#17CKnightPosted 12/21/2013 5:08:35 PM
muscle_man69 posted...
People still care about halo?

Halo 4 sold over 9 million. You tell me.
#18Who knowsPosted 12/21/2013 5:11:34 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
What if every Naughty Dog employee was bribed by MS left to form a new MS 1st party studio? Think about it good, because that has a better chance of actually happening than MS "losing Halo exclusivity" (MS doesn't have Halo exclusivity, MS owns Halo in every possible way outright).

If Sony lost Naughty Dog then it would be game over. Im sure Sony pays ND quite well to hold on to them. They seem to be the only developer that pushes the Playstation to the limit.

Naughty Dog is Sony for me, without them I'd have little interest in the company's offerings.
---
I once knew, but now I no know, so who knew who knows?
Times people have replied to my topics with Who Knows? 51
#19BIackWindPosted 12/21/2013 5:12:05 PM
krystyla posted...
cloud_8f8f posted...
D_Lewis21 posted...

I believe in some circles it is called "the truth." You should definitely try it some time. It's very healthy.
#20ElPolloDiablo87Posted 12/21/2013 5:13:41 PM
BIackWind posted...
krystyla posted...
cloud_8f8f posted...
D_Lewis21 posted...

I believe in some circles it is called "the truth." You should definitely try it some time. It's very healthy.

Those circles are populated solely by delusional Sony fanboys.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA