EA being sued. How will this affect TitanFall?

#1HiddenRoarPosted 12/18/2013 12:23:31 PM
http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2013/12/18/ea-hit-class-action-lawsuit-battlefield-4/

Still don't understand how some folks are ecstatic with EA being onboard with the game's production (Publisher still counts as being involved)
#2scoobydoobydontPosted 12/18/2013 12:24:36 PM
I hope they keep getting sued. Worst company in America.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwlt4FqmS0
#3HiddenRoar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 12:26:44 PM
That reminds me; Anyone who bought last week's Humble Bundle and got the LOTRO Steely Dawn Starter Pack code but doesn't need it, I'll be happy to take it off your hands.
#4cpcjlc3Posted 12/18/2013 12:27:38 PM
We have to be careful with this one. If they are hit at all for the glitches than companies may become scared of releasing games b/c there is no feasible way to do mass testing which is where many glitches come out. They may then become scared to release games due to fear of lawsuits and drop out of the game development business completely. Less developers = less choice for gamers.

As far as misleading statements on EA's part....light them up for it.
#5bessy67Posted 12/18/2013 12:28:22 PM
I doubt it will make any difference. If anything it will just ensure that the Titanfall launch will go flawlessly since they won't want to deal with this again.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#6Darklit_ShadePosted 12/18/2013 12:29:29 PM
They may then become scared to release games due to fear of lawsuits and drop out of the game development business completely

...and this is bad because...?

We just need Activision and Capcom to follow them and gaming will be saved
#7cpcjlc3Posted 12/18/2013 12:30:59 PM
Darklit_Shade posted...
They may then become scared to release games due to fear of lawsuits and drop out of the game development business completely

Don't need them to drop out. Just need them to clean their house a bit and start doing things right. More choice is always a good thing. (Well in most cases anyway).
#8bessy67Posted 12/18/2013 12:31:19 PM
Darklit_Shade posted...

I don't see how all the companies capable of bankrolling creative talent such as Bungie, DICE and Respawn going out of business would be a good thing for the industry.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#9bluedmonPosted 12/18/2013 12:32:24 PM
Quote:

@Darklit_Shade
And people complain there arent enough games out.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#10Jiggy101011Posted 12/18/2013 12:32:32 PM
Darklit_Shade posted...

That leaves... Ubisoft?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.