Horrible puzzles in TR reboot.

#1karvinyereizowtPosted 12/18/2013 1:34:30 PM
I've played just about every TombRaider out there and Crystal Dynamics has made some of the the best puzzles since they took over.

Then the reboot comes along, (while being a fairly good game) and completely streamlines their "environmental" puzzles for babies. I was so disappointed I how they handled their 2 min tomb sections it made start to worry if this is how it's going to be from now on.

The theroy I'm holding on to is that Lara in the game isn't a "TombRaider" yet so we'll hopefully see larger and more developed puzzles in the future.

I would have totally bought this remake if the puzzles we're originally thought provoking because that makes those games replayable for me.

Does anyone believe that CD will bring back the more elaborate puzzles in the future, or is this just another game stripped of its roots and dumbed down for the masses?
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"
#2Juzten76Posted 12/18/2013 1:40:00 PM(edited)
Not really a theory so much as fact. This was her origin story so the tombs will come in the next game. I expect it to be very tomby with lots of tombing in large tombs full of tomb stuff.
#3Lerp85Posted 12/18/2013 1:41:46 PM
SPOILERS

She gets her guns at the end, and you are not raiding any tomb in this game, yet you have to question if she is tomb raider in this game? LOL ok then.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#4natevinesPosted 12/18/2013 1:45:10 PM
Why are you even musing on a sequel? The HD version of the reboot isn't even out for another month. Doubt we'll see a sequel for at least a year.

Anyhow, I dunno. I never cared for the old TR games. This game was fantastic, however. I only did one playthrough when it was released, but it's actually worth it to me to get the definitive edition
#5TheApd_ReturnsPosted 12/18/2013 1:48:32 PM
It's extremely overrated, I honestly thought it was a tryhard omg-so-edgy Uncharted knockoff rather than a compelling Lara Croft story.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
3DS: 1907-9236-7818
#6karvinyereizowt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 1:48:52 PM
Lerp85 posted...
SPOILERS

She gets her guns at the end, and you are not raiding any tomb in this game, yet you have to question if she is tomb raider in this game? LOL ok then.

I understand the story and I'm not questioning anything except the developers reasoning for making puzzles for morons in this game. Thus brings up the notion of this game being streamlined for the mainstream like so many others nowadays.
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"
#7Lerp85Posted 12/18/2013 1:50:30 PM
karvinyereizowt posted...
The theroy I'm holding on to is that Lara in the game isn't a "TombRaider" yet so we'll hopefully see larger and more developed puzzles in the future.

karvinyereizowt posted...
Lerp85 posted...
SPOILERS

I understand the story and I'm not questioning anything except the developers reasoning for making puzzles for morons in this game. Thus brings up the notion of this game being streamlined for the mainstream like so many others nowadays.

You are questioning something, otherwise it would not be a theory.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#82ndAtomiskPosted 12/18/2013 1:51:02 PM
Lerp85 posted...
SPOILERS

The game has like 4 tombs or something like that that you can find and raid. TC wasn't questioning whether or not she was a tomb raider in this game. He was saying he hopes the puzzles were only so easy because she isn't a tomb raider yet.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#9Lerp85Posted 12/18/2013 1:57:11 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
Lerp85 posted...
SPOILERS

The game has like 4 tombs or something like that that you can find and raid. TC wasn't questioning whether or not she was a tomb raider in this game. He was saying he hopes the puzzles were only so easy because she isn't a tomb raider yet.

Not part o the story if I remember right though. And he stated that his theory was that she was not a tomb raider yet, hence wondering if she was or not yet.
---
#10IloveElitePosted 12/18/2013 1:59:52 PM
I totally agree TC.

I love Tomb Raider too and have been a fan since playing TR1 on my Playstation 1 long long ago.

The 'reboot' was a sham, the took out all the cool puzzles and only left the puzzles in that morons could do, then they add 80% more shooting to appeal to the CoD kiddies.

as a huge TR fan I have to say the new TR game SUCKS!!

Tomb Raider? nahh... more like Baby's First puzzles meets CoD.