Horrible puzzles in TR reboot.

#11scoobydoobydontPosted 12/18/2013 1:00:19 PM
I wouldn't get my hopes up, I can't find the quotes or the name but I remember reading some main designer/producer/director guy who has a lot of control over the reboot and presumably the sequel personally dislikes the puzzles the series is known for, and intentionally minimized the tombs/puzzles element. It has nothing to do with it being an origins story, it was a concious design choice for the series. This origins talk is extra galling since 16 year old Lara was already featured in a previous TR, on an expedition. Her character never "hated" tombs or archaeology, even when she was younger. This series is like RE, they went after a new demographic and despite not actually expanding the base they will keep going and never return to what made the series good to begin with.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwlt4FqmS0
#12karvinyereizowt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 1:09:23 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
Lerp85 posted...
SPOILERS

She gets her guns at the end, and you are not raiding any tomb in this game, yet you have to question if she is tomb raider in this game? LOL ok then.

The game has like 4 tombs or something like that that you can find and raid. TC wasn't questioning whether or not she was a tomb raider in this game. He was saying he hopes the puzzles were only so easy because she isn't a tomb raider yet.

Yes, exactly. Sorry if I wasn't clear about my intentions in this topic.
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"
#132ndAtomiskPosted 12/18/2013 1:09:55 PM
Lerp85 posted...
2ndAtomisk posted...
Lerp85 posted...
SPOILERS

She gets her guns at the end, and you are not raiding any tomb in this game, yet you have to question if she is tomb raider in this game? LOL ok then.

The game has like 4 tombs or something like that that you can find and raid. TC wasn't questioning whether or not she was a tomb raider in this game. He was saying he hopes the puzzles were only so easy because she isn't a tomb raider yet.

Not part o the story if I remember right though. And he stated that his theory was that she was not a tomb raider yet, hence wondering if she was or not yet.

He wasn't wondering. Check out these few sentences he posted:

Then the reboot comes along, (while being a fairly good game) and completely streamlines their "environmental" puzzles for babies. I was so disappointed I how they handled their 2 min tomb sections it made start to worry if this is how it's going to be from now on.

The theroy I'm holding on to is that Lara in the game isn't a "TombRaider" yet so we'll hopefully see larger and more developed puzzles in the future.

His theory was not whether or not she was a tomb raider. It's that he thinks puzzles were dumbed down because she wasn't one yet.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#14Lerp85Posted 12/18/2013 1:13:56 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
Lerp85 posted...
2ndAtomisk posted...
Lerp85 posted...
SPOILERS

Not part o the story if I remember right though. And he stated that his theory was that she was not a tomb raider yet, hence wondering if she was or not yet.

He wasn't wondering. Check out these few sentences he posted:

Then the reboot comes along, (while being a fairly good game) and completely streamlines their "environmental" puzzles for babies. I was so disappointed I how they handled their 2 min tomb sections it made start to worry if this is how it's going to be from now on.

The theroy I'm holding on to is that Lara in the game isn't a "TombRaider" yet so we'll hopefully see larger and more developed puzzles in the future.

His theory was not whether or not she was a tomb raider. It's that he thinks puzzles were dumbed down because she wasn't one yet.

Ok, well my bad. LOL, reading comprehension fail. Sorry.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#15PoloMan6Posted 12/19/2013 4:10:34 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Not really a theory so much as fact. This was her origin story so the tombs will come in the next game. I expect it to be very tomby with lots of tombing in large tombs full of tomb stuff.

Mmmm....tombs!!