Anyone else's controller vibrate?!

#1natevinesPosted 12/18/2013 2:33:58 PM
Weird!! I didn't even install a Rumble Pak. Is this just for Day One edition or is everyone getting this?
#2Juzten76Posted 12/18/2013 2:35:06 PM
natevines posted...
Weird!! I didn't even install a Rumble Pak. Is this just for Day One edition or is everyone getting this?

Hasn't that been standard since PS2 and Xbox?
#3TrickyPonyPosted 12/18/2013 2:35:12 PM
sounds like a glitch
#4Satchmo25Posted 12/18/2013 2:36:37 PM
Juzten76 posted...
natevines posted...

nope, PS3 said it wasn't needed it last get and tried to make their controller extra cheap without rumble before backlash forced them to put it in
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#5Reflex-ArcPosted 12/18/2013 2:41:27 PM
That's not rumble, it's the controller elves beating out the morse code-like signals on their tiny war drums that their distant cousins, the console gnomes, detect and translate into instructions for the game people to act out on your screen.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#6Juzten76Posted 12/18/2013 2:43:52 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
natevines posted...

nope, PS3 said it wasn't needed it last get and tried to make their controller extra cheap without rumble before backlash forced them to put it in

I had no idea. The PS2 controller had great rumble so I'm surprised they would take that out. I was disappointed in the 360's rumble, but the One has greatly improved the feature.
#7GuitaristMattPosted 12/18/2013 2:46:56 PM
Satchmo25 posted...

It was a lawsuit that held back the controller.
*back to jokes*
---
"Well if you think chickens can fly, we better pull up wikipedia." - S. Healy
PS4 FAQs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#8DugFreezPosted 12/18/2013 11:59:26 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
Satchmo25 posted...

It was a lawsuit that held back the controller.
*back to jokes*

I thought it was because it was soooooooo last gen? Just one of the many lies, tag lines, hypes and disappointments that lost me as a Sony customer after PS, PS2, PSP and PS3.
#9OMGSuperSonicPosted 12/19/2013 12:13:22 AM
Ahhh, the SIXAXIS, the launch controller of the PS3. I actually forgot about that thing, I replaced it ASAP. Sony's 'official' excuse was that motion control was the future, and the rumble feature would get in the way of the amazingly precise and awesome motion control that was utilized in a small handful of games and were pretty universally hated (seriously, the balancing sections were the worst part of Uncharted. Thankfully, that dropped that idea before 2 came out. Even worse were the Ratchet and Clank minigames.)

Somehow, in the end they managed to find a way to put both features in control after all (for only $60!), and the Dualshock 3 became standard. Still had crappy sticks though, I never could get used to precision shooting in any game that used it...

Right now, I'm in the process of figuring out whether to go for the PS4 or XB1. I will admit, my biggest fear of the PS4 is that we're going to go through the same process with the touchpad on it's controller that we did with the motion controls; a bunch of first party titles using it for arbitrary, unfun minigames and simple commands that just slow everything down. I'll admit I have the same concerns about the XB1's kinect integration as well though, that crap was terrible in ME3. At least they had the decency to let you completely turn it off.
---
Best Game of all time: Earthbound