Question regarding power supply

#1theSpiccoliPosted 12/18/2013 6:21:06 PM
Has anyone had any issues with theirs? I woke up this morning and the LED on my power brick was off. After unplugging everything and hooking it back up, it seemed fine. I did a little searching around and heard that some people might have faulty power bricks but I'm hoping that's not the case. I tried asking Customer Support (via chat) about it and they said I could either send it in for a replacement (which probably won't happen because it's 2-3 week turnaround) or order a new one. I was then told that a replacement supply for purchase would cost around $149....needless to say I'm a little annoyed. The CS rep also said that I shouldn't have my One on for longer than four hours at a time, but I thought I had heard somewhere that it could handle far longer than that.

TLDR; anyone have an issue similar to mine?
---
GT-TheSpiccoli
#2lionheart__Posted 12/18/2013 6:27:32 PM
This was happening to my xbox before it bricked. When it bricked though, the power brick would turn on when plugged into the wall then lose all power when plugged into the xbox, then the xbox wouldn't turn on(obviously). It was my xbox, not the brick. This caused my xbox to burn on the inside.

That's absolute bull if you can't have your xbox on for more than four hours at a time considering they expect you to watch TV through it. I would keep mine on for long periods of time, then again, that could have been what killed it. My xbox or brick never got hot though.
#3theSpiccoli(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 6:34:35 PM
Well that's a little disheartening.
---
GT-TheSpiccoli
#4ElitePosted 12/18/2013 6:36:52 PM
I had an issue where I hooked everything up and heard a crackly pop when connecting the ac cord to the brick ala, a loose connection.

My Xbox did not turn on.

I unplugged the xb one from the brick and re did the connection and finally got AC power.

Still am worried about that.
#5lionheart__Posted 12/18/2013 6:39:08 PM
theSpiccoli posted...
Well that's a little disheartening.

The best part is they put a $500 hold on my card for the replacement and gave me the wrong tracking.

Moral of the story, if you want to make it worth your while get the extended warranty.
#6ryyboyPosted 12/19/2013 1:14:03 AM
One thing that happened to my 360 once was a power cut in my house (which only lasted half a second) and the power brick led changed colour giving no power to the xbox.
A simple unplug/plug fixed it.
Might have been the same thing?