why cant i install games while connected to the internet?

#1CorrikPosted 12/18/2013 7:48:37 PM
???
---
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik
#2natevinesPosted 12/18/2013 7:52:10 PM
I only installed one game but it worked fine connected to the internet..
#3Corrik(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 7:55:38 PM
Sitting at 0% forever.
---
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik
#4lionheart__Posted 12/18/2013 8:00:47 PM
Upgrade from dial up
#5Dcrenshaw04Posted 12/18/2013 8:06:47 PM
Had this problem at first. Cancel the installation and hold your xbox button down on your console for 10 seconds. Disconnect your Ethernet cord before you re start and then re install your game. I did this for ryse, and dead rising. Now it works fine for me online or not.
---
Gammer tag- Dcrenshaw04
PSN- Crenshaw4
#6JusticeSwordPosted 12/18/2013 8:31:26 PM
Because its a massive flaw in the consoles design that an internet connection would somehow reduce the efficiency of a disc based install.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#7Dcrenshaw04Posted 12/18/2013 8:32:21 PM
JusticeSword posted...
Because its a massive flaw in the consoles design that an internet connection would somehow reduce the efficiency of a disc based install.

Thanks for helping.
---
Gammer tag- Dcrenshaw04
PSN- Crenshaw4
#8JusticeSwordPosted 12/18/2013 8:36:55 PM
Dcrenshaw04 posted...
JusticeSword posted...

Thanks for helping.

You're quite welcome m'lady.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#9Corrik(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 2:48:34 AM
Dcrenshaw04 posted...
Had this problem at first. Cancel the installation and hold your xbox button down on your console for 10 seconds. Disconnect your Ethernet cord before you re start and then re install your game. I did this for ryse, and dead rising. Now it works fine for me online or not.

I did this. Installed two games. Reconnected to internet. Then third game while connected took 7 hours to download. Boot up nba2k14 To play before work says new update. Starts at 96% and is stuck again and wont move up. I am getting totally frustrated that i can never just play a damn game.

Friend came over yesterday to play games with me cuz my xbox1 finally got in and we spent 5 hours getting a game installed and only got 30 mins to play. Been sitting at 96% for nba2k14s new update for 30 mins now
---
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik
#10Spetsnaz420Posted 12/19/2013 3:50:46 AM
Many know but some dont...if you install a game on X1 while connected to the web it will start downloading the patch before installing data from the disc...its a pretty stupid way to do it but thats why sadly...

As others have said just install with the internet disconnected and then you can at least play SP without the patch. I imagine they will change this soon...no one seems to like it this way.
---
I don't conform to social convention
"Xbox people don't care about the truth, they only care about seamless multimedia streaming." - Stan Marsh