The whole 1080p issue is just a couple of launch titles, right?

#1013HPPosted 12/20/2013 12:16:48 PM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
dnmt posted...
Meanwhile the PS4 runs BF4 at 900p with its 60fps is locked tight even in the most insane circumstances, and you know how insane BF4 can get.

And COD Ghosts runs better on X1, and looks virtually identical to PS4. Results will vary between developers, it's clearly an optimization issue and not a hardware one.

Solis posted...
Specs are absolutely a major factor when it comes to the results you get from a system.

Major factor, but not the determining one. Otherwise PS3 multi-plats would have all been superior due to it's superior specs.

Solis posted...
The PS4 version runs at a 44% higher resolution in that game actually, which is very significant and quite visible in the screenshots.

I disagree. Most screenshots are indistinguishable. The one you posted makes the PS4 version look more blurry and the X1 more pixelated, both disadvantages in their own way. Neither is clearly superior.

Solis posted...
And hell, even if you don't notice the disadvantage, that does not mean none exists.

And you merely stating there is one doesn't make it exist either. Ryse is still the best looking next-gen game or at least in contention, which brings me back to my original point. The 1080p issue is a non-issue until we start seeing significant differences in games.

stopped reading at your comments on CoD. Your are either delusional or misinformed.
#102Juzten76Posted 12/20/2013 12:50:15 PM
3HP posted...

stopped reading at your comments on CoD. Your are either delusional or misinformed.

Or he's just an individual with different views than you. Opinions work that way.
#103OverLordChaosPosted 12/20/2013 1:07:11 PM
Nope Xbone will run 720 unless its a fighting or racing game where there is not much power needed for the few items moving.
#1043HPPosted 12/20/2013 1:16:58 PM
Juzten76 posted...
3HP posted...

Or he's just an individual with different views than you. Opinions work that way.

There is a difference between opinion and fact. It is a fact that the both versions run at 60fps and that the PS4 version is displayed in over twice the resolution.

Next you are going to tell me that the DVD version of every movie looks as good as the bluray because, you know, thats an "opinion".
#105dnmtPosted 12/20/2013 1:29:48 PM
3HP posted...
Juzten76 posted...
3HP posted...

There is a difference between opinion and fact. It is a fact that the both versions run at 60fps and that the PS4 version is displayed in over twice the resolution.

Next you are going to tell me that the DVD version of every movie looks as good as the bluray because, you know, thats an "opinion".

Yep, the reason CoD suffered from stuttering at first is because IW forgot to limit the amount of frames per second, resulting in the game running at OVER 60fps. And that's at twice the resolution. I mean, seriously.. The difference is huge.
#106Juzten76Posted 12/20/2013 1:32:57 PM
3HP posted...
Juzten76 posted...
3HP posted...

You're right. It is a fact that to him both versions look identical. It's also a fact that they don't look identical to you. I can see a difference if I look REALLY close, but it makes absolutely no difference to anyone who plays just one version or the other. Both of them look great. The difference is minimal. Certainly not anywhere near the difference between DVD and bluray.
#107DreDayyPosted 12/20/2013 1:42:03 PM
Juzten76 posted...
3HP posted...
Juzten76 posted...
3HP posted...

You're right. It is a fact that to him both versions look identical. It's also a fact that they don't look identical to you. I can see a difference if I look REALLY close, but it makes absolutely no difference to anyone who plays just one version or the other. Both of them look great. The difference is minimal. Certainly not anywhere near the difference between DVD and bluray.

720P compared to 1080p is not minimal lol @ this topic.
---
|i7 4770k|Gigabyte UD4h|8gb RAM|GTX 780 Lightning|Samsung 840 Evo 256/ 830 128gb|Crucial M4 128gb|3TB WD Black|540 Air|AX 850|h100I|
#1083HPPosted 12/20/2013 1:44:23 PM
Juzten76 posted...
3HP posted...
Juzten76 posted...
3HP posted...

It would be no difference if some other ignorant person came in here saying they truly felt that DVD and bluray look the same. According to your logic that makes him right. He cant tell the difference unless he has them both side by side with $3000 tvs and a microscope so they must be the same.

I like how you draw the line for your opinion fallacy conveniently where its suites your argument only.
#109Juzten76Posted 12/20/2013 1:47:13 PM
Anyone that thinks higher resolution is the only thing that makes a game look better is not a gamer. Why is everyone so angry that Ryse looks better than anything on PS4 regardless of the lower resolution? So much reassurance from these guys it's sad.
#110mokmuudPosted 12/20/2013 2:05:07 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Anyone that thinks higher resolution is the only thing that makes a game look better is not a gamer. Why is everyone so angry that Ryse looks better than anything on PS4 regardless of the lower resolution? So much reassurance from these guys it's sad.

Its a pretty game, to bad the game itself is garbage.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539