Is it true that Microsoft overpaid the new spock actor to appear in an xbox ad?

#1NightMareBunnyPosted 12/18/2013 11:07:03 PM
I see that commercial quite a bit where spock appears for a few seconds but someone told me Microsoft paid too much just to have that guy in the commercial. Is that true or is it just a rumor?
---
PS3 Tag: VV_Argost
XB1 Gamertag: GamerClawdeen
#2Lerp85Posted 12/18/2013 11:13:30 PM
Who the heck cares what MS paid some one to be in a commercial? Seriously.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#3Spetsnaz420Posted 12/18/2013 11:18:15 PM
Live long and suck it Zachary Quinto
---
I don't conform to social convention
"Xbox people don't care about the truth, they only care about seamless multimedia streaming." - Stan Marsh
#4SkeddyConwayPosted 12/18/2013 11:18:43 PM
Lerp85 posted...

NightmareBunny, but obviously not you. Why do you care so much what he cares about...?
---
...like hearding cats, if the cats stopped every so often to call you gay.
GT/PSN/GC: Skedd
#5Lerp85Posted 12/18/2013 11:19:55 PM
SkeddyConway posted...
Lerp85 posted...

NightmareBunny, but obviously not you. Why do you care so much what he cares about...?

I don't, just asking a question. LOL
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#6SkeddyConwayPosted 12/18/2013 11:20:03 PM
Oh god it's Lerp again. Are these the only kind of posts you make? Go play your XBone bro...
---
...like hearding cats, if the cats stopped every so often to call you gay.
GT/PSN/GC: Skedd
#7Lerp85Posted 12/18/2013 11:27:46 PM
SkeddyConway posted...
Oh god it's Lerp again. Are these the only kind of posts you make? Go play your XBone bro...

My bad, just wondering why it matters. MS is a big company, they spend lots of cash to do stuff like this. Nothing new.
---
#8NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 11:32:32 PM
I care because of they really did overpay then that's a waste of money...is seeing spock for less than five seconds gonna make people buy the system?
---
PS3 Tag: VV_Argost
XB1 Gamertag: GamerClawdeen
#9Lerp85Posted 12/18/2013 11:34:40 PM
NightMareBunny posted...
I care because of they really did overpay then that's a waste of money...is seeing spock for less than five seconds gonna make people buy the system?

All they want is there name out there, having big name people in ads does help, even if it is a short time.
---
#10theSpiccoliPosted 12/18/2013 11:44:28 PM
NightMareBunny posted...

Was paying Lou Reed royalties for "Perfect Day" for 60 seconds really going to make people buy the system?

Probably not. Do you have any idea how much money these companies spend on marketing? Marketing budget is always majorly bloated, but the commercials put the systems out to the public, which is what Sony and MS both want. Just the fact that you're talking about it justifies it.
---
GT-TheSpiccoli