I never expected a huge leap in graphics

#1krystylaPosted 12/19/2013 1:00:10 AM
With neither XBO nor PS4.

What I want to see most this gen is not prettier graphics but better physics; better, bigger, more individual crowds; more destructible environments; better liquids.

In general small stuff that can really kill immersion if done bad, for instance evil within nearly s*** my pants at gamescom game play footage but then you set a mine at a window that goes off once a zombie climbs in but the wall stays completely intact...
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#2knightimexPosted 12/19/2013 2:42:12 AM
That's what's already happening, and then some.
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
#31nternationa7Posted 12/19/2013 2:48:37 AM
krystyla posted...

What I want to see most this gen is not prettier graphics but better physics(Not happening yet); better, bigger, more individual crowds (Lol Forza's Cardboard Crowd); more destructible environments (I think Ryse has this but not sure>; better liquids (supposedly KZ Shadowfall's big improvement) .

In general small stuff that can really kill immersion if done bad, for instance evil within nearly s*** my pants at gamescom game play footage but then you set a mine at a window that goes off once a zombie climbs in but the wall stays completely intact...

My points are in bold. Some of your wants are fulfilled. Others are failing hilariously.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#4Trigg3rH4ppyPosted 12/19/2013 3:02:06 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
krystyla posted...

What I want to see most this gen is not prettier graphics but better physics(Not happening yet); better, bigger, more individual crowds (Lol Forza's Cardboard Crowd); more destructible environments (I think Ryse has this but not sure>; better liquids (supposedly KZ Shadowfall's big improvement) .

My points are in bold. Some of your wants are fulfilled. Others are failing hilariously.

yeah i agree about Forza, for a game that's supposed to be so graphically intense i was somewhat disappointed when i realized how lazy they were with the crowd animations. I can't imagine making them 3d rendered would've taken that much more processing power. I don't care if there's a bunch of clones since you don't really pay attention to it, but it just felt lazy when i saw how they handled that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9Zlrdji.gif
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12
#5TheGam3925Posted 12/19/2013 3:05:13 AM
It's just the price you pay for TV features and Kinect. Xbox One won't be the lead console for multi platform titles. Once the Xbone's entertainment features become standard in TVs, there will be little reason to own an Xbone aside from exclusives.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#6NSGraphitePosted 12/19/2013 3:31:31 AM
krystyla posted...

What I want to see most this gen is not prettier graphics but better physics; better, bigger, more individual crowds; more destructible environments; better liquids.

agreed.

Graphics have been good for a while now. The character models are great. I would be fine with it if they didn't improve at all, but we got bigger worlds, better physics, more objects on screen with no slow down and improved resolutions and frame rates.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#7Emerald_MeliosPosted 12/21/2013 6:18:13 AM
Graphics reached their peak during 6th generation with games like Dragon Quest VIII and Wind Waker. Unfortunately, too many are wasting resources on emulating photorealism.
#82ndAtomiskPosted 12/21/2013 6:20:21 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
It's just the price you pay for TV features and Kinect. Xbox One won't be the lead console for multi platform titles. Once the Xbone's entertainment features become standard in TVs, there will be little reason to own an Xbone aside from exclusives.

Not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine