Getting it delivered tomorrow - What games to pick up?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Getting it delivered tomorrow - What games to pick up?

User Info: DarthTophat

DarthTophat
3 years ago#1
My Xbox One is due for delivery tomorrow. I break up for the Holidays at 11 am, and don't return until January 6th, so i've got just over 2 weeks to play a lot.

I had anticipated working through my xbox 360/ps3/steam backlog, along with playing some Pokemon X and trying to finish ZombiU. (Big backlog)

I saw a day on edition for sale, so crumbled and bought (I sold the one I pre -ordered on release date for a profit)

I've got the Forza day one edition, and have also ordered Ryse. I plan to pick up Killer Instinct (Not sure which price point to get though)

I don't enjoy Battlefield, so im not interested in BF4. I loved the original COD Blops, but haven't enjoyed the other games in the series as much, although i do enjoy COD somewhat. I don't know anything about Ghosts, and as BF4 and COD GHOSTS are the only 2 FPS games for the Xbox one atm, im thinking about picking up ghosts.

Is it worth it for xbox one, or should i just wait until Titanfall (I'll still be leaving my xbox360 plugged in so can play online with that if i want to)

I also like the look of Dead Rising 3 and Assassins Creed Blackflag. I completed AC1, which I didn't enjoy and played a little of number 2, which I didn't enjoy. The pirate theme has intrigued me however, how is blackflag compared to previous AC titles? If i didn't enjoy the previous games, has enough changed in this for me to enjoy it? A friend told me it was originally meant to be a new IP but they then made it into an AC game to help sell more copies?

What would you guys recommend that I pick up? Are there many arcade/digital titles available yet, and when are the next big round up of games due to release?

Thanks
In My Opinion IMO
http://www.youtube.com/shreddybrek

User Info: bessy67

bessy67
3 years ago#2
I loved AC4, but it isn't that different gameplay-wise from AC2 so if you didn't like that then maybe rent it first. Personally I'd recommend Dead Rising 3, Powerstar Golf, and Peggle 2. I also really like AC4 and Battlefield 4 but if you don't like those kind of games...

I'll probably also pick up Max: Curse of Brotherhood tomorrow and Halo: Spartan Assault on the 24th.
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67

User Info: Each3

Each3
3 years ago#3
Definitely pick up Dead Rising 3!

To me it just feels like a such complete game with tons of content.

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
3 years ago#4
ryse, forza, killer instinct, black flag, titianfall, destiny, halo, ufc, witcher 3

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
3 years ago#5
Pick up Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Currently playing: Persona 3 and SonicAll-Stars RacingTransformed

User Info: -FryShakeWad-

-FryShakeWad-
3 years ago#6
Skip killer instinct, at least until they can put out a finished product. DR 3 is fun, I heard most of the sports games were good if that's your thing. People say Peggle 2 is fun.

User Info: POPSHU_FRUITCHU

POPSHU_FRUITCHU
3 years ago#7
Ki is free, so get it just cause. Dead Rising 3 is one of the most fun games I've played in a while. I would reccomend it highly.

Check out Peggle 2 as well, its ridiculously addicting. I completed it and got all the achievements in 2 days, and was sad that multiplayer was all i could do. Finally AC4 is another good one, those would be my 3 too games so far.
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"

User Info: DisgaeaNut

DisgaeaNut
3 years ago#8
Dead Rising 3 and Peggle 2 are the only games I can recommend. Most others are trash IMO.

User Info: suicide machine

suicide machine
3 years ago#9
peggle 2 is a big hit in my house. one game that doesn't get enough attention, I think, is need for speed rivals. I definitely dig it
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin

User Info: Masterchief5525

Masterchief5525
3 years ago#10
DR3, AC IV, Killer Instinct, Ryse if you enjoy those type of games, Forza if you enjoy sim racers or NFS if you enjoy arcade racers.
i7-4770k | AMD Radeon HD 7990 | 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz | 2TB WD HDD | Asus Z87-A
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Getting it delivered tomorrow - What games to pick up?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived