Getting it delivered tomorrow - What games to pick up?

#1DarthTophatPosted 12/19/2013 9:12:12 AM
My Xbox One is due for delivery tomorrow. I break up for the Holidays at 11 am, and don't return until January 6th, so i've got just over 2 weeks to play a lot.

I had anticipated working through my xbox 360/ps3/steam backlog, along with playing some Pokemon X and trying to finish ZombiU. (Big backlog)

I saw a day on edition for sale, so crumbled and bought (I sold the one I pre -ordered on release date for a profit)

I've got the Forza day one edition, and have also ordered Ryse. I plan to pick up Killer Instinct (Not sure which price point to get though)

I don't enjoy Battlefield, so im not interested in BF4. I loved the original COD Blops, but haven't enjoyed the other games in the series as much, although i do enjoy COD somewhat. I don't know anything about Ghosts, and as BF4 and COD GHOSTS are the only 2 FPS games for the Xbox one atm, im thinking about picking up ghosts.

Is it worth it for xbox one, or should i just wait until Titanfall (I'll still be leaving my xbox360 plugged in so can play online with that if i want to)

I also like the look of Dead Rising 3 and Assassins Creed Blackflag. I completed AC1, which I didn't enjoy and played a little of number 2, which I didn't enjoy. The pirate theme has intrigued me however, how is blackflag compared to previous AC titles? If i didn't enjoy the previous games, has enough changed in this for me to enjoy it? A friend told me it was originally meant to be a new IP but they then made it into an AC game to help sell more copies?

What would you guys recommend that I pick up? Are there many arcade/digital titles available yet, and when are the next big round up of games due to release?

Thanks
---
In My Opinion IMO
http://www.youtube.com/shreddybrek
#2bessy67Posted 12/19/2013 9:15:49 AM
I loved AC4, but it isn't that different gameplay-wise from AC2 so if you didn't like that then maybe rent it first. Personally I'd recommend Dead Rising 3, Powerstar Golf, and Peggle 2. I also really like AC4 and Battlefield 4 but if you don't like those kind of games...

I'll probably also pick up Max: Curse of Brotherhood tomorrow and Halo: Spartan Assault on the 24th.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3Each3Posted 12/19/2013 9:16:08 AM
Definitely pick up Dead Rising 3!

To me it just feels like a such complete game with tons of content.
#4shads3055Posted 12/19/2013 9:19:35 AM
ryse, forza, killer instinct, black flag, titianfall, destiny, halo, ufc, witcher 3
#5Jx1010Posted 12/19/2013 9:22:51 AM
Pick up Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
---
Currently playing: Persona 3 and SonicAll-Stars RacingTransformed
#6-FryShakeWad-Posted 12/19/2013 9:25:33 AM
Skip killer instinct, at least until they can put out a finished product. DR 3 is fun, I heard most of the sports games were good if that's your thing. People say Peggle 2 is fun.
#7POPSHU_FRUITCHUPosted 12/19/2013 9:27:10 AM(edited)
Ki is free, so get it just cause. Dead Rising 3 is one of the most fun games I've played in a while. I would reccomend it highly.

Check out Peggle 2 as well, its ridiculously addicting. I completed it and got all the achievements in 2 days, and was sad that multiplayer was all i could do. Finally AC4 is another good one, those would be my 3 too games so far.
---
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"
#8DisgaeaNutPosted 12/19/2013 9:26:43 AM
Dead Rising 3 and Peggle 2 are the only games I can recommend. Most others are trash IMO.
#9suicide machinePosted 12/19/2013 9:43:59 AM
peggle 2 is a big hit in my house. one game that doesn't get enough attention, I think, is need for speed rivals. I definitely dig it
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#10Masterchief5525Posted 12/19/2013 9:51:43 AM
DR3, AC IV, Killer Instinct, Ryse if you enjoy those type of games, Forza if you enjoy sim racers or NFS if you enjoy arcade racers.
---
i7-4770k | AMD Radeon HD 7990 | 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz | 2TB WD HDD | Asus Z87-A