What to Buy - Ryze or Ghosts?

#1DeathDealerKSPosted 12/19/2013 12:25:25 PM
Hello all,

I was met with the unfortunate circumstance of having an unexpected surgery and being laid up two days before One launch day, and so I have had an abundance of time to check out the system/games. Looking to pick up a new title from the few remaining I haven't played and wanted your thoughts as to which.

I have played Black Flag (great) NFS Rivals, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, and Battlefield 4. I am looking for a title to add in that I can get some good time in playing by myself. BF4 is pretty sweet, but it really isn't that fun if you don't have a squad of friends online since the entire title is built on the premise of squad cooperation. I wondered if I shouldn't have gotten Ghosts instead, though I faded from COD around Black OPS. Ryze reviews are all over the map, but it is something different.

What do you guys think? I just need something I can reliably relax with for an hour or two a day while my wife steals my laptop for her SimCity addiction.
---
Kratos is neither a good guy or bad guy, he is a bad ass. He can do whatever the hell he wants...
#2EmbersOfElderPosted 12/19/2013 12:26:25 PM
DeathDealerKS posted...
Hello all,

I was met with the unfortunate circumstance of having an unexpected surgery and being laid up two days before One launch day, and so I have had an abundance of time to check out the system/games. Looking to pick up a new title from the few remaining I haven't played and wanted your thoughts as to which.

I have played Black Flag (great) NFS Rivals, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, and Battlefield 4. I am looking for a title to add in that I can get some good time in playing by myself. BF4 is pretty sweet, but it really isn't that fun if you don't have a squad of friends online since the entire title is built on the premise of squad cooperation. I wondered if I shouldn't have gotten Ghosts instead, though I faded from COD around Black OPS. Ryze reviews are all over the map, but it is something different.

What do you guys think? I just need something I can reliably relax with for an hour or two a day while my wife steals my laptop for her SimCity addiction.

Why not pre-order a game? I am hard pressed giving a thumbs up to either of those games as neither game is particular great or stand-out.
---
XBL: Embers of Elder
PSN: EmbersofElder
#3Excal1burPosted 12/19/2013 12:29:28 PM
you will get a lot more play out of ghosts rather than ryse. Saying that Ryse is a game worth playing but in short bursts but not worth $60
#4-FryShakeWad-Posted 12/19/2013 12:30:29 PM
Have both, preference is Ryse.
#5PoweredMilkManPosted 12/19/2013 4:45:11 PM
Battlefield 4
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#6DeathDealerKS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 12:06:11 AM
any other thoughts?
---
Kratos is neither a good guy or bad guy, he is a bad ass. He can do whatever the hell he wants...
#7DeathDealerKS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 5:41:21 PM
bump
---
#8QT31416Posted 12/21/2013 5:44:48 PM
I enjoyed my play through of Ryse.

Play that and trade it in.
---
Ps4 - XboxOne - WiiU
i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 780 | Vengeance 16gb | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Sabertooth Z77
#9GutxPilePosted 12/21/2013 5:45:48 PM
I had Ryse and still have Ghosts. Ryse was fun but is not worth 60$ in my opinion. I play Ghosts on a daily basis.
---
XBOX GT GutxPile