Sort of in a bind

#1PoncherculesPosted 12/19/2013 5:25:30 PM
So guys, I need some unbiased input........(yea, I know where I'm at.) Tomorrow I will either be getting an XBOX One or a PS4. Now, I have a few games that I can trade up and get that $10 coupon for on my 360 games. The price factor is a major one for me. The $399 jump to $499 jump is quite big. BUT the system and the games at $10 a piece will probably be a bit less expensive than buying 4 games and the PS4. I just got off of work so doing the math isn't too important for me. If money wasn't a factor, and mainly sporting games and BF4 is your ideal games of choice. Which would you go with?
---
WoW player since Vanilla. Still haven't managed to defeat a final raid boss on time because of work. Good thing I love my job.
#2BigReedPosted 12/19/2013 5:37:24 PM
Ponchercules posted...
So guys, I need some unbiased input........(yea, I know where I'm at.) Tomorrow I will either be getting an XBOX One or a PS4. Now, I have a few games that I can trade up and get that $10 coupon for on my 360 games. The price factor is a major one for me. The $399 jump to $499 jump is quite big. BUT the system and the games at $10 a piece will probably be a bit less expensive than buying 4 games and the PS4. I just got off of work so doing the math isn't too important for me. If money wasn't a factor, and mainly sporting games and BF4 is your ideal games of choice. Which would you go with?

Oh boy. I'm normally pretty unbiased and fair, so I'll post some information below. I have both, by the way.

The ps4 is a much better value in my opinion. For the average gamer, I'm not sure if the Kinect offers 100 dollars of value to the purchase. It's neat, and it makes navigating the menus just a tad bit quicker. It also recognizes your face and will sign you in. Once again, this is neat, but not really necessary.

The Xbox One controller, in my opinion, is slightly less comfortable than the 360 and ps4 controllers. I figured the Xbox One controller would be perfect, but It's actually a little more difficult to use. It does have a better dpad and analog sticks.

The OS of the ps4 is smoother than the Xbox One OS, however, you can do more with the Xbox One OS. It's more of an all in one living room device, whereas the ps4 is a super quick game console.

Playstation plus also beats Xbox Live for now. It's cheaper, and you get discounts and 'free' games.

So, all in all, I would suggest the ps4 over the Xbox One. But, and this is a big but, if you liked the 360, and generally just enjoy Microsoft's offerings, then by all means pick it up. Go with your gut. I like both personally.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#3Bigdaddy422Posted 12/19/2013 5:46:22 PM
I sold my Ps4 to my bro in law and got to play it extensively and came away as being happy I went with the XOne.

You say your a sports and race game type, along with shooters and I believe xbox wins in those categories. One reason is it having Forza, couple in with EA partnership and shooters dlc timed exclusivity, NFL partnership, and sound online servers; I'd say XOne is the best choice. I use it daily and all of the features it offers is worth the extra $100
#4desert_santaPosted 12/19/2013 6:22:21 PM
Ps4
Better value for money.
More exclusives in the long run I am guessing. Right now it's neck and neck between the ps4 and xbone for me.

Saying that though I ordered an xbone in the end. Got bored, could not wait and luckily found an xbone in stock. Getting it tomorrow. Buying ryse and FIFA with it. Looking forward to d4, quantum break and halo.

If I can manage i will try to wait for ps4 slim model. Lately I just seem to buy games, play for a few hours and toss aside for a new one though :(
#5psprulz2007Posted 12/19/2013 6:24:10 PM
Personally as a biased person. Id say PS4.

To meet what you listed as sports and BF4 solo Id say PS4.

If you plan on doing mainly/only online then I say X1.
---
GT/PSN- Feelinkorny
#6ElPolloDiablo87Posted 12/19/2013 6:30:36 PM
If you're just looking to play sports games and BF4 get a PS4. Multiplats look slightly better on it and it's cheaper.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#7Ponchercules(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 6:42:00 PM
Haha. Well, I do platform games as well. I think eventually, I'll get both. But short-term (By short-term I mean around next summer) I need something to hold me over. What are the exclusives worth playing? I haven't done much research like I usually do
---
WoW player since Vanilla. Still haven't managed to defeat a final raid boss on time because of work. Good thing I love my job.
#8desert_santaPosted 12/19/2013 6:45:56 PM
For xbone just ryse for me. For ps4 killzone.

In the future? D4, quantum break, halo for xbone. Infamous, uncharted for ps4.

Not sure really as I am looking forward to the multiplats more.
#9ElPolloDiablo87Posted 12/19/2013 7:46:40 PM(edited)
Ponchercules posted...
Haha. Well, I do platform games as well. I think eventually, I'll get both. But short-term (By short-term I mean around next summer) I need something to hold me over. What are the exclusives worth playing? I haven't done much research like I usually do

For exclusives worth playing Xbox One has Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Powerstar Golf and Killer Instinct, and Max: Curse of Brotherhood and Halo: Spartan Assault both come out very soon. In the future it'll have Titanfall, Halo 5, Fable Legends, Project Spark, D4, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive and Kinect Sports Rivals. Right now PS4 has Killzone Shadowfall, Knack and Resogun. Future exclusives so far are just Infamous Second Son and Uncharted 4 I believe. Oh, and The Order and Driveclub
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#10EmbersOfElderPosted 12/19/2013 7:39:59 PM
I have both and I would say that the PS4 is the better choice hands down.

It looks like it will likely pass the Xbox One in the sales department which typically means more support. It focuses on gaming and does it well, most multiplatform titles look better on it, the controller is great and the UI is friendly and easy to use. You can easily upgrade the HD if you wish, which I did and it works like a charm.

Definitely go with the PS4.
---
XBL: Embers of Elder
PSN: EmbersofElder