Coming from a Sony fanboy the one thing I like of x1 over ps4 is

#1L0ZPosted 12/19/2013 5:35:20 PM
These dynamic Challenges with rewards. Challenges > achievements
Spill 10k gallons of zombie blood by Christmas and get a reindeer mask? You're on!
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
[IBM Tricore 3.2GHz | 10MB Custom ATI | 512 MB GDDR3]
#22ndAtomiskPosted 12/19/2013 6:31:57 PM
They're pretty cool. Until they don't work. KI's Good Instincts challenge wouldn't unlock for anyone until like 2 days ago.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#3Madness2012Posted 12/19/2013 10:35:28 PM
I really like the challenges
#4Lerp85Posted 12/19/2013 10:39:03 PM
This is not new, just going to be more prominent. The first couple dead rising games had things you could unlock with achievements as well.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#5Spetsnaz420Posted 12/20/2013 4:24:49 AM
Yeah I gotta admit...MS totally nailed that one. I'd love it if Sony took this idea as well
---
I don't conform to social convention
"Xbox people don't care about the truth, they only care about seamless multimedia streaming." - Stan Marsh
#6DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/20/2013 5:02:49 AM
Lerp85 posted...
This is not new, just going to be more prominent. The first couple dead rising games had things you could unlock with achievements as well.

that's not the same at all. usually achievements just coincide with unlocks. challenges let developers add content after the games been released.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#7boolzeroPosted 12/20/2013 8:32:31 AM
Lerp85 posted...

I think you are not understanding the concept of Challenges. They are post development and living (as in actively updated and changing) goals that are presented by the developer to gamers, with various rewards that are time limited. They are dynamic, time-exclusive and ever-changing, presented to the gamer almost like a news feed update to their Acheivements.

Think of the daily and weekly challenges in games like Halo multiplayer or other games, but that are not limited to multiplayer, that can have varied qualifying lengths of time to complete and that offer some reward that are usually not obtainable again once missed.

The example used here is the Reindeer mask for Dead Rising 3. If you don't meet that challenge by Chrustmas you will not be able to get that in game item again, period (or at least not until next year if they choose to recycle the challenge reward).
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...