is killer instinct about to become a major game within the FGC?

#31ExempliGratiaPosted 12/20/2013 8:57:52 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
Mecamatt posted...
I don't understand who picks which fighters make it to the ultra-competitive scene. Dead or Alive 4 is probably the most competitive fighting game I've ever played, and it never made much of a splash. I feel like Killer Instinct suits the scene perfectly, especially with it being free to download and it's massively helpful training mode. A lot of Xbox One owners will be at least familiar with it since its free, and I can see this being a primary fighter for the rest of the generation.

The people who play them.

KI isn't going to go anywhere though, because the FGC Never stops booing it and what Microsoft stood for when it was announced, and it's not a solid fighter, the flaws are pretty over-reaching, compared to the ones we've listed in the thread already, it cant hold a candle.

Stop lying. It was booed maybe one or 2 times before it release. The FGC do not hate K.I just your random haters screaming XBox one blah blah blah
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#322ndAtomiskPosted 12/20/2013 9:15:18 AM
Also, I believe it was the Xbox One being booed. Not KI.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#33Exodus_PrimePosted 12/20/2013 10:12:45 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
Blaz Blue will NEVER be a big game in the fighting community. K.I also. K.I may last a little while longer but it may just die quickly like Injustice/Mk9 did. USF4 will dominate next year (sadly) while UMVC3(if still allowed to be streamed) will be a close second.

So much that right there. I agree about USF4, but do not agree with K.I dying out soon since they will have season 2 or maybe 3.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#34ManservicePosted 12/20/2013 10:16:02 AM
Are we really going to act like a new Guilty Gear game isn't coming out next year?
#35xsabrewulfPosted 12/20/2013 10:21:54 AM
Guilty Gear has never been mainstream and xrd is not going to be any different.

KI has nothing to worry about
#36CKnightPosted 12/20/2013 10:33:44 AM
Injustice is very much alive, more so than Tekken Tag 2, MK9, DOA and a bunch of others.

SF4 and UMvC3 are always the 2 main events.

Smash Bros will never be the main event. Its a party game that small kids, house moms and such can pick up and play, so it's naturally more appealing to the mass majority.

UMvC3 and SF4 are seen as much more skilled based games.
#37ExempliGratiaPosted 12/20/2013 10:35:13 AM
Manservice posted...
Are we really going to act like a new Guilty Gear game isn't coming out next year?

Guilty gear was never forefront in the FGC either. It is in the same bracket as BlazBlue.

Exodus you think the FGC is patient enough to keep waiting for season 2 if the game gets stale quick? Look what happened to Injustice. It died even though they released more characters and tweaks. Sfxtk died even though they released a huge update that made the game more enjoyable. The FGC moves on quick.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#382ndAtomiskPosted 12/20/2013 10:37:14 AM
xsabrewulf posted...
Guilty Gear has never been mainstream and xrd is not going to be any different.

KI has nothing to worry about

Yep. Guilty Gear is much like Virtua Fighter. Even though it's really good, it isn't very popular.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#39Exodus_PrimePosted 12/20/2013 10:38:00 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
Manservice posted...

Guilty gear was never forefront in the FGC either. It is in the same bracket as BlazBlue.

Exodus you think the FGC is patient enough to keep waiting for season 2 if the game gets stale quick? Look what happened to Injustice. It died even though they released more characters and tweaks. Sfxtk died even though they released a huge update that made the game more enjoyable. The FGC moves on quick.

Wait wait hold up, rewind that a little bit, they made a update to make SFxTK more enjoyable? when did this happen? I bought it returned it the same day. What did they change to make it more enjoyable?
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#40-FryShakeWad-Posted 12/20/2013 10:41:45 AM
KI is so full of fail, never gonna happen.