Well that was unique

#1likematchesPosted 12/19/2013 11:47:15 PM(edited)
Bought my Xbox One, put it in the trunk, and on the way home some guy rear ends me at full speed.

During the exchange of information I open the trunk to see if it is ok, and he is like "hey, Xbox One! Alright!" and shook my hand.

Went to the hospital right after, feeling really numb all the while, have to wait 3 hours to see a doctor, and found out I have whiplash. Now I am on my way home and I am afraid to open the box because the HDD or disk drive might be damaged due to the vibrations of the crash. I suppose I will return it tomorrow unopened for a new one just to be safe.

All that and I can't game on my brand new new system to keep my mind off of it. What a night.
---
"Tanks just can't handle my MASSIVE DPS! I'm not even trying and IT IS ALREADY SO HUGE!!!"
#2BIackWindPosted 12/19/2013 11:50:34 PM
Uh... huh.
#3likematches(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 11:52:26 PM
BIackWind posted...
Uh... huh.

The best part is the guy gunned it and left the scene of the accident right after. We only exchanged info because I found him parked a block away.
---
"Tanks just can't handle my MASSIVE DPS! I'm not even trying and IT IS ALREADY SO HUGE!!!"
#4Legend524Posted 12/20/2013 12:06:48 AM
likematches posted...
Bought my Xbox One, put it in the trunk, and on the way home some guy rear ends me at full speed.

During the exchange of information I open the trunk to see if it is ok, and he is like "hey, Xbox One! Alright!" and shook my hand.

Went to the hospital right after, feeling really numb all the while, have to wait 3 hours to see a doctor, and found out I have whiplash. Now I am on my way home and I am afraid to open the box because the HDD or disk drive might be damaged due to the vibrations of the crash. I suppose I will return it tomorrow unopened for a new one just to be safe.

All that and I can't game on my brand new new system to keep my mind off of it. What a night.

oddly enough, that could have snapped the drive into place.
#5likematches(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 12:07:51 AM
Legend524 posted...
likematches posted...

oddly enough, that could have snapped the drive into place.

Not going to risk it
---
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 12/20/2013 2:07:21 AM
So you have whiplash and your concern is for the xbox? Priorities
---
I don't conform to social convention
"Xbox people don't care about the truth, they only care about seamless multimedia streaming." - Stan Marsh
#7Iceman83Posted 12/20/2013 2:33:25 AM
likematches posted...
some guy rear ends me at full speed.

So he was going the maximum speed his car could possibly go and hit you?
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
#8Evel138Posted 12/20/2013 2:45:11 AM
Iceman83 posted...
likematches posted...

This is what I am thinking....define "full speed" lol. Anything over 10-15 mph and we have serious problems. Also, what was the guy driving that he could hit you head on, at full speed, with his vehicle and leave the scene...a freight train?
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#9likematches(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 8:43:54 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
So you have whiplash and your concern is for the xbox? Priorities

I said I went to the hospital the second it happened, what else can I do? Have a panic attack? I've been through worse.

The point is that I can't play it to keep my mind off of all of it until later today.

Evel138 posted...
Iceman83 posted...
likematches posted...

This is what I am thinking....define "full speed" lol. Anything over 10-15 mph and we have serious problems. Also, what was the guy driving that he could hit you head on, at full speed, with his vehicle and leave the scene...a freight train?

Full speed as in he didn't brake or slow down at all. It was on the surface highway during a turn so it wasn't like he was gunning it like on the freeway (though he sure was when he tried to get away). It sure felt like he was though and cars are made of so much plastic nowadays that it barely deformed the car.

And I said he rear ended me.
---