my launch day experience kinda sucked....was it just me?

#1NightMareBunnyPosted 12/20/2013 12:12:47 AM
i remember everyone waiting in line seeming so bored and uninterested....of course this was at a walmart and only five or six other people were in line for the console
---
PS3 Tag: VV_Argost
XB1 Gamertag: GamerClawdeen
#2PoweredMilkManPosted 12/20/2013 12:16:52 AM
There's your problem
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#3CapwnDPosted 12/20/2013 12:48:51 AM(edited)
Release lines for games suck. Rarely it's fun. The closed to "fun" was the time there was a big screen TV and some people playing COD before a COD release, and a guy in full ghillie gear walking around.

I would say that the most exciting time for me was Alan Wake.

I took the scenic route home, though some woods that pretty much felt just like the north pacific woods like Alan Wake/Twin Peaks. Was pretty epic, with fog and everything.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#4Demigod_ElessarPosted 12/20/2013 12:45:01 AM
Unless you were at a Gamestop or an actual Microsoft store (where they would have a party/event set up for the night), then more than likely you experienced a rather boring wait in line with a few other people.

I work at a Walmart in electronics, and we had about a dozen people in for launch night. They had simply formed a line and then engaged in casual banter until midnight when we could sell them the consoles.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#5NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 12:50:50 AM
Demigod_Elessar posted...
Unless you were at a Gamestop or an actual Microsoft store (where they would have a party/event set up for the night), then more than likely you experienced a rather boring wait in line with a few other people.

I work at a Walmart in electronics, and we had about a dozen people in for launch night. They had simply formed a line and then engaged in casual banter until midnight when we could sell them the consoles.

i didn't even pre-order so gamestop was out of the question i was lucky they had two extra consoles set aside that were unclaimed
---
PS3 Tag: VV_Argost
XB1 Gamertag: GamerClawdeen
#6RonBurgundy929Posted 12/20/2013 9:18:41 AM
I ordered my One from Amazon and received it on launch day. It was great.

I remember waiting overnight for the 360 launch at Best Buy. At least 80 people were out in the freezing cold. I tried talking to a few people about anything gaming related, but they mostly kept to themselves and didn't want to talk about anything. This was before the iPhone and internet friendly phones. It was extremely boring and was a very miserable 11 hour wait until 8am. I got home and played Call of Duty 2 and Perfect Dark Zero for less than an hour before going to sleep.

That was my first and last time I wait in line for a console.
#7SunDevil77Posted 12/20/2013 9:33:36 AM
NightMareBunny posted...
Demigod_Elessar posted...

i didn't even pre-order

And that, my friend, is why your launch night sucked.

The line for preorders at the Best Buy I got mine at was awesome. Got there at 11. Met some cool people. Streetpassed a ton of 3DS'. Talked about games.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#8motoraptorPosted 12/20/2013 10:02:38 AM
I won a contest and was invited to a VIP launch party where there were tons of free swag. Free food, free drinks, even a free t-shirt that had a Day One Achievement graphic and your Gamertag. Then everyone was given at least $50's worth of stuff as they left.

That and CoD midnight launches are the only fun ones because they're actually big enough to warrant hosting a party or event rather than just standing in line.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#92ndAtomiskPosted 12/20/2013 10:34:36 AM
I've only ever been to one launch. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It wasn't too bad once I found a couple of guys who were actually willing to converse, but yeah, don't think I'll ever go to another one.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#10Lerp85Posted 12/20/2013 10:45:13 AM
So what you really meant was the day before launch day sucked? Cause once the day hit I know it took minutes to get your system and leave.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.