Ryse Or Dead Rising...Or both?

#1PastyFuryPosted 12/20/2013 12:15:32 AM
Are they both worth full price?
#2G1ingyPosted 12/20/2013 12:18:53 AM
Well, Dead Rising has actual gameplay, sooo..........that. The FPS is quite an issue in Dead Rising, but eh. Better choppy gameplay than no gameplay at all.

Though if you haven't bought the Xbone yet, you might as well hold off on a year or two for when the console's price is toned down to something it's actually worth, and more importantly, there's a better library of games to choose from.
#3PastyFury(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 12:21:19 AM
I got an xbox already. Got BF4.
#4G1ingyPosted 12/20/2013 12:22:39 AM
Then the zombie game then...as long as you're not getting worn out by all the zombies these past few years.

I will say this though, DR2 had much more character. :/
#5PastyFury(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 12:29:32 AM
Only thing that bothered me about dead rising was the save system...But they fixed that.
#6shads3055Posted 12/20/2013 6:56:52 AM
ryse to me is more fun. dead rising is cool but gets repetitive
#7shawnmckPosted 12/20/2013 10:31:21 AM
Ryse is a rental at best, imho. Once you beat it, there is absolutely NO reason to ever play it again.
Heck, you can even watch a walkthrough of the game over at youtube and get the exact same experience as playing it.

DR3 has much more variety & re-playability.
And everyone will play it a bit differently.
So I would say definitely DR3.
#8TBONE_OGPosted 12/20/2013 10:34:14 AM
DR3 has no framerate issues. Anyone who's played and beaten the game knows this.

Best game on the X1 as well.
---
Always O.G.
#9shawnmckPosted 12/20/2013 10:40:08 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
DR3 has no framerate issues. Anyone who's played and beaten the game knows this.

^ I respectfully disagree with the notion that DR3 has no frame-rate issues.
It's not anything bad, but there were times where there seemed to be thousands of zombies on screen, and while driving a car & causing explosions caused noticeable slow-down.
Again, it wasn't anything bad...but to claim it doesn't exist just isn't true.
But other than when there are tons of zombies on-screen...the game ran super-smooth.

And I agree that DR3 is the best game on the XB One, as well.

BTW
I don't want to leave the impression that the frame-rate in DR3 dips a lot either (cause it doesn't)...it happened sometimes, and that was it. I've experienced worse slow-down in many other games...but DR3 does have it on occasion.
#10TBONE_OGPosted 12/20/2013 10:49:45 AM
shawnmck posted...
TBONE_OG posted...

^ I respectfully disagree with the notion that DR3 has no frame-rate issues.
It's not anything bad, but there were times where there seemed to be thousands of zombies on screen, and while driving a car & causing explosions caused noticeable slow-down.
Again, it wasn't anything bad...but to claim it doesn't exist just isn't true.
But other than when there are tons of zombies on-screen...the game ran super-smooth.

And I agree that DR3 is the best game on the XB One, as well.

BTW
I don't want to leave the impression that the frame-rate in DR3 dips a lot either (cause it doesn't)...it happened sometimes, and that was it. I've experienced worse slow-down in many other games...but DR3 does have it on occasion.

That's why I said there's no issues. Of course all games have a dip in frame rate here and there. But not once did I play DR3 and think to myself, hmm the framerate is crap here.

Framerate never crossed my mind when playing. Sure, I noticed a second dip when smashing through 1000 zombies super fast on the roller hog.

I stick by my comment -- DR3 has no framerate issues.
---
Always O.G.