Ryse Or Dead Rising...Or both?

#21CannondaleBobPosted 12/20/2013 8:59:22 PM
Get ryse

They both are actually not that great of games, at least Ryse looks great so u can show it to your friends for a few minutes and pretend like it is the best ever, and they should cry for not having a next gen console
#22NinjaGuerraPosted 12/20/2013 9:07:37 PM
I've played ryse a lot more than dr3. After you beat dr3 on nightmare it feels pretty pointless to play anymore.

With ryse you can jump in to gladiator mode with friends or strangers and level up and get new equipment to make your guy stronger and look more cool.

In dr3 you beat nightmare mode, shoot the x buster a few times and yay you are max level. You can do side quests and hunt for objects if you want yaaaaaawn
---
No game will ever come close to the fun I had playing Castlevania: HD.
PSN/Gamertag/Steam: NinjaGuerra
#23TheBorderColliePosted 12/20/2013 9:14:16 PM
G1ingy posted...
Well, Dead Rising has actual gameplay, sooo..........that. The FPS is quite an issue in Dead Rising, but eh. Better choppy gameplay than no gameplay at all.

Though if you haven't bought the Xbone yet, you might as well hold off on a year or two for when the console's price is toned down to something it's actually worth, and more importantly, there's a better library of games to choose from.

^^ That post there is essentially nothing but a troll post.

Childish attacks aside, it is not at all true that "the FPS is quite an issue" in Dead Rising 3. A launch-day patch fixed the problems...Some of the reviewers simply hadn't been given access to it yet.

And yes, TC, Ryse is good. But I would buy DR3 now and wait for a price drop on Ryse. But get them both.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
Annoy a domestic terrorist....VOTE!
#24TheBorderColliePosted 12/20/2013 9:17:17 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
shawnmck posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
DR3 has no framerate issues. Anyone who's played and beaten the game knows this.

Best game on the X1 as well.

^ I respectfully disagree with the notion that DR3 has no frame-rate issues.
It's not anything bad, but there were times where there seemed to be thousands of zombies on screen, and while driving a car & causing explosions caused noticeable slow-down.
Again, it wasn't anything bad...but to claim it doesn't exist just isn't true.
But other than when there are tons of zombies on-screen...the game ran super-smooth.

And I agree that DR3 is the best game on the XB One, as well.

BTW
I don't want to leave the impression that the frame-rate in DR3 dips a lot either (cause it doesn't)...it happened sometimes, and that was it. I've experienced worse slow-down in many other games...but DR3 does have it on occasion.

That's why I said there's no issues. Of course all games have a dip in frame rate here and there. But not once did I play DR3 and think to myself, hmm the framerate is crap here.

Framerate never crossed my mind when playing. Sure, I noticed a second dip when smashing through 1000 zombies super fast on the roller hog.

I stick by my comment -- DR3 has no framerate issues.

To me, I find it rather fascinating that anyone would nitpick a brief frame drop when they are driving a car and causing explosions among A THOUSAND zombies....

With all that it is doing, DR3 is actually a very good technical achievement.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
Annoy a domestic terrorist....VOTE!
#25TheCyborgNinjaPosted 12/20/2013 10:59:07 PM
G1ingy posted...
Well, Dead Rising has actual gameplay, sooo..........that. The FPS is quite an issue in Dead Rising, but eh. Better choppy gameplay than no gameplay at all.

Ryse has fun combat. Anyone who thinks it's "mash X" or all QTEs probably had a mom who ingested rat poison while pregnant. The answer is still "buy Dead Rising 3," but seriously... I'm ****ing sick of all the "I clearly haven't played it, but here are my thoughts" comments.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#26EmbersOfElderPosted 12/20/2013 11:00:39 PM
Dead Rising for sure, Ryse is not good.
#27Bs-KILLPosted 12/20/2013 11:29:55 PM(edited)
Ryse.
(Maybe Im a little biased since I love Rome battles)

+The story can kept you going.
+Voice actors.
+Executions + double executions + Focus attack = Epic (Fighting mechanics)
+Amazing graphics for a launch game.
-Repititive

Its funny how IGN said that the game is "Limited on combat"..
The combat actually had a lot of variety.
(Catapults, Phalanx Formations, Colosseum. etc)

EDIT: and yes Ryse is not actually for button mashers. It needs timing & precision to fully enjoy the game.

DR3 is a good game but I havent finish the game since Im pretty busy on KZ:SF & Killer Instinct.
Only played the Intro to chapter 1..
Though my first impression on DR3 is kinda boring but its too early for me to judge..
---
GT(360 and One): BasuraKILLER
PSN(Vita and PS4): BasuraKILLER
#28Madness2012Posted 12/20/2013 11:31:22 PM
shawnmck posted...
Ryse is a rental at best, imho. Once you beat it, there is absolutely NO reason to ever play it again.
Heck, you can even watch a walkthrough of the game over at youtube and get the exact same experience as playing it.

DR3 has much more variety & re-playability.
And everyone will play it a bit differently.
So I would say definitely DR3.

Really watching a Walkthrough is not the same as playing the game.....