Destiny = Mass Effect + Halo

#11DeimirPosted 12/20/2013 4:05:09 AM

I really don't see anything wrong with this, so long as we're talking pre-Halo 4.
---
"3/20 = 3 * 2 / 10 = 0.6% for people who are bad math." -fan360
#12Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/20/2013 4:19:18 AM
Deimir posted...

I really don't see anything wrong with this, so long as we're talking pre-Halo 4.

destiny keeps being compared to Halo, Mass Effect, and Borderlands as a way of bashing it. Yet all three of those series are critically acclaimed...
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#13BbrendoshiPosted 12/20/2013 5:15:15 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Deimir posted...

destiny keeps being compared to Halo, Mass Effect, and Borderlands as a way of bashing it. Yet all three of those series are critically acclaimed...

Three of my favourite games right there, so looks like I'll love Destiny. Not that there was any doubt of this...
---
Gamertag/PSN/Steam: Sakori
#14TRC-G00SEPosted 12/20/2013 7:19:17 AM
Kinda looks like a Mass effect, halo, defiance combo. I know defiance was not great, but some of the MMo elements that defiance uses are similar to what destiny is doing. The random events in destiny are similar to the arkfalls in defiance. it is can excel in what defiance fell short in it should be great.
---
****!
#15krystyla(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 9:48:07 AM
darkphiresage posted...
krystyla posted...
darkphiresage posted...
delayed?...are you sure you wouldn't like to see what happens in the 9 months between now and release first? also, destiny is far closer to borderlands than either of those games.

Did you think the game was originally planned to release September next year?

to my knowledge, there was no solid release date before this one, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. the only thing that was pushed back was the beta, and there's no guarantee that an earlier beta gets an earlier game.

Usually a game that gets announced with game play footage does not take 1 year and a half to get released. The beta was not going to be anything different than a soft launch seeing as even now its scheduled for Summer 2014. They never said anything on launch date but everyone expected late Q1 early Q2 and that was probably the intended release date as well.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#16crucialPosted 12/22/2013 7:31:06 PM
This game is being released in September folk's at least according to Game Informer which has a 14 page spread on the game this month.
#17motoraptorPosted 12/22/2013 8:09:17 PM
Looks like Mass Effect, Halo, and Borderlands to me.

I am so excited for it, in their words Destiyn has something for "different moods of gaming". Do I want to to go explore environments on my own? I can do that. Do I want to jump into some classic competitive multiplayer (made by Bungie, no less)? I can do that. How about some co-op action through a 5-man fireteam raid? I can totally do that too.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#18ScymitePosted 12/22/2013 8:13:23 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Deimir posted...

I strongly hope it's more Halo + Mass Effect than Borderlands. I like my games to have some depth.
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#19CKnightPosted 12/22/2013 8:44:49 PM
Aside from AI Destiny looks pretty amazing. Me and my co-workers already talk about squading up.
#20NateRose89Posted 12/22/2013 9:45:22 PM
Are some of you high? How does any part of this game resemble Mass Effect?

Halo+Borderlands.
---
PSN ID: rockstock89