So about 24 hour DRM check in.

#1Cowboy082288Posted 12/20/2013 7:13:34 AM
Are all the 'news' sites that put up these articles going to retract their story? Are the youtubers who ranted and raved about it going to say 'oops we kinda jumped the gun on that'? Are all the gamefaqs posters who assumed the story was true going to say 'yep we were wrong'?

I'm guessing no on all three counts. Low information idiots will just move along to the next topic.

Gamers should as a community hold their media coverage to a higher standard. Apparently they won't though because they are to busy fighting console wars to care.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#2GambitbuzzkillPosted 12/20/2013 8:51:39 AM
This will not happen no matter how wrong they're but I find it funny how miss information can get out of hand.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#3AzaneAzerPosted 12/20/2013 8:53:12 AM
We should hold our gaming companies first, 2k actually made 24/7 online required, and they're still in business.
#4Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 12/20/2013 9:00:48 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Are all the 'news' sites that put up these articles going to retract their story? Are the youtubers who ranted and raved about it going to say 'oops we kinda jumped the gun on that'? Are all the gamefaqs posters who assumed the story was true going to say 'yep we were wrong'?

I'm guessing no on all three counts. Low information idiots will just move along to the next topic.

Gamers should as a community hold their media coverage to a higher standard. Apparently they won't though because they are to busy fighting console wars to care.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the poster who called me willfully ignorant, then immediately stated that there is in fact a cure for polio? ;)
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#5shawnmckPosted 12/20/2013 10:26:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6suicide machinePosted 12/20/2013 10:36:32 AM
shawnmck posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

^ Why should they ?

You do realize that if there wasn't an outrage and negative push-back against these features, that Microsoft would NEVER have reversed them, right ?

EVERYTHING in those articles were correct at the time....Microsoft even ADMITTED that the XB One was originally going to have a 24-hour DRM check. The only reason MS got scared and decided to remove it was because of all the outrage it generated.

So there is absolutely NO reason why any of these people should say they were "wrong"...because they WEREN'T wrong...they were RIGHT. Microsoft ADMITTED to it !
MS then got so scared because of all the push-back, that they said to themselves..."Oh ****, we better reverse this or this console (XBone) is going to flop."

That DOESN'T make these people wrong, because what they wrote was 100% TRUE.
How then is it their fault that Microsoft changed their minds and decided to reverse the 24-hour DRM ?

TC, you are one ignorant ****.

wow, you obviously have no idea what the tc was talking about, huh?

he's referring to all the articles that came out saying that MS still had the 24hr DRM in place after a vid released of an incident regarding KI at a small, local tourney.

even tho MS came stated that the vid is not related to 24hr drm, people kept harping on that it was. then, the original vid maker came out and said that all these sites are blowing the vid out of context and that the issue was not due to 24hr drm, but someone was trying to use one profile/ copy of KI on multiple machines
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#7DojoMaxPosted 12/20/2013 10:43:58 AM
Of course they don't listen to the counter claims. Even from the guy himself. The ps4 boards took this misinformation and ran with it. Which begs the question. If your console of choice is so superior, which it is, why do you care what happens to the "inferior" console? Every bit of bad press is reassurance to a pretty bad community of lames.

Eh whatever. No one cares. They just act like whatever piece of electronic equipment they own makes them a superior person.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#8Troll_DirectoryPosted 12/20/2013 10:47:31 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
miss information can get out of hand
hmm. she sounds smart, sexy, and just the right amount of naughty.
#9shawnmckPosted 12/20/2013 11:09:16 AM(edited)
suicide machine posted...

he's referring to all the articles that came out saying that MS still had the 24hr DRM in place after a vid released of an incident regarding KI at a small, local tourney.

even tho MS came stated that the vid is not related to 24hr drm, people kept harping on that it was. then, the original vid maker came out and said that all these sites are blowing the vid out of context and that the issue was not due to 24hr drm, but someone was trying to use one profile/ copy of KI on multiple machines

^ The XB One still has a type of DRM, because you still need to go On-line to down-load a patch just to be able to play any game at all.
You CANNOT start playing games out of the box, but must first go On-line to down-load a patch.
Still sounds like DRM to me, because it means that it is NOT built into the console itself, but must be patched...which indicates that if Microsoft wanted to, can just as easily disable the patch and re-instate the 24-hour check (if they wanted).

And there are still some games that do require a 24-hour check. It's been discovered that Killer Instinct does this.
What do you want to bet that other games such as TitanFall and Tom Clancy's the Division will also require a 24-hour check as well ?

In either case, its not wrong to report it as DRM, because that is exactly what it is.
When the servers go down, there will be absolutely NO way to play the games.
What do you call that, if not DRM ?
#10Troll_DirectoryPosted 12/20/2013 11:09:14 AM
shawnmck posted...
suicide machine posted...

^ The XB One still has a type of DRM, because you still need to go On-line to down-load a patch just to be able to play any game at all.
You CANNOT start playing games out of the box, but must first go On-line to down-load a patch.
Still sounds like DRM to me, because it means that it is NOT built into the console itself, but must be patched...which indicates that if Microsoft wanted to, can just as easily disable the patch and re-instate the 24-hour check (if they wanted).

In either case, it not wrong to report it as DRM, because that is exactly what it is.
i see you trying hard. but try harder to stay on topic. ps4 and xo day one downloads of their finished os are not even remotely drm. they are simply the result of finishing their hardware faster than their software. this topic is about erroneous reporting by jackasses who type before they think.