I'll never understand the console wars.

#11Juzten76Posted 12/20/2013 9:00:01 AM
I'd rather there be cereal wars.

Seriously though, people can be so mean over console wars. Sometimes you need to step back and look at what you're really arguing about. It's all a matter of personal preference anyway. Gaming is supposed to be fun, not hateful.
#12Skill4ReelPosted 12/20/2013 9:01:17 AM
There is nothing to understand. You either participate, or try to ignore the nonsense as much as you can. Which may seem impossible on a gaming message board.
#13knightimexPosted 12/20/2013 9:40:46 AM
I like console wars for the fun of internet arguing.
Arguing about console wars feels out of place when doing it in real life.

Unless your buddy is as passionate about the practice as you are. hehe
Often times me and my friend would settle CR fights with some extended mario kart 64 racing bets.
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
#14nickr2d2Posted 12/20/2013 9:46:37 AM
Juzten76 posted...
I'd rather there be cereal wars.

CAPTAIN CRUNCH: PEANUT BUTTER FLAVOR FOR THE WIN!!!!
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#15AzaneAzerPosted 12/20/2013 9:48:03 AM
my main reason for siding towards Sony (I Actually switched to full on Master race this gen though, because Im not big on Sony, just lesser of two evils) was mainly the attitude and arrogance every MS Employee that was interviewed had about "JUST DONT BUY IT THEN" whenever anyone brought up any issue about their policies (not even system).

Honestly, nothings worth 4-500$ in this gen yet, so the price is an overinflated statistic, people keep drooling over Ryse, but I've seen better graphics for a couple years now, and my system isn't even full 2013.
#16MrSpaM111Posted 12/20/2013 9:51:03 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
No love for linux yet?

We'll have love for linux as soon as they start making games for it...

Saying that it's working pretty well as the OS for my retro games console I built :)
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#17Evel138Posted 12/20/2013 9:52:48 AM
For some, I think one big factor is just as with any sports team. These "fans" typically have never known a personal accomplishment, so they take on these teams, or consoles in this matter, as a part of their personal identity. Therefore if their team (or console) wins, by extension they win.

For others, I think its a matter of sour grapes. For one reason or another....be it financial constraints or some asinine self-imposed allegiance to a different brand......they have to convince themselves that the other consoles sux anyway.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#18deadmarvPosted 12/20/2013 12:38:16 PM
kyncani posted...
MacBookAir posted...
kyncani posted...
MacBookAir posted...
I'll never understand the console wars.

[...]

So let me start off by saying that honestly, I prefer Sony. The PlayStation brand has always just had more appeal to me, be it price, console features, etc.

[...]

Also - The Microsoft sucks thing in my signature isn't because of the Xbox, it's because of how they ****ed up the Windows and Office brands.

Uh, yeah, ok.

Well I do own a 360 and love it. It got just about as much use as my PS3 did. I just like more of the Sony exclusives, but I still actively played my 360. If you've seen what they've done to Windows (Specifically, that "thing" they call Windows Phone 8) and the Office brands (Office 365 = Major Ripoff) you'd agree too.

Ok, it's just that I found it funny, the whole "I don't understand console wars but Sony is better than Microsoft". ;)

Don't mind it.

From what you quoted, where did he say sony was better? He posted it appealed to him more, but he still played 360.
#19xHuckleberryPosted 12/20/2013 12:39:39 PM
If money is involved, its enough cause for war.

Lives will be lost, soldier.
#20DojoMaxPosted 12/20/2013 1:40:28 PM
Evel138 posted...
For some, I think one big factor is just as with any sports team. These "fans" typically have never known a personal accomplishment, so they take on these teams, or consoles in this matter, as a part of their personal identity. Therefore if their team (or console) wins, by extension they win.

For others, I think its a matter of sour grapes. For one reason or another....be it financial constraints or some asinine self-imposed allegiance to a different brand......they have to convince themselves that the other consoles sux anyway.

So so very true.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin