Saints Row: New Game Confirmed by Voice Actor. Hopefully they use a new engine.

#1zerooo0Posted 12/20/2013 9:09:34 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/20/saints-row-new-game-confirmed-by-voice-actor?abthid=52b468c4d04f3d164a000008

Saints Row IV was one of the most fun games I had this year, but the dark brown setting really got old for me which is odd as I normally never complain about that type of stuff. Hopefully they make the next Saints Row on a new engine specifically built for the X1/PS4, and make the setting more life to it. Also the world felt boring in Saints Row IV.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2RonBurgundy929Posted 12/20/2013 9:22:58 AM
After seeing how bad 3 and 4 were, I don't think anyone will give a crap about the SR series anymore. But you never know. They might pull off a miracle like SR 2 again.
#3theshovellerPosted 12/20/2013 9:25:22 AM
RonBurgundy929 posted...
After seeing how bad 3 and 4 were, I don't think anyone will give a crap about the SR series anymore. But you never know. They might pull off a miracle like SR 2 again.

I liked 3 and 4 compared to 1 and 2. I like that, when given a choice to be either Star Wars or Spaceballs to GTA's Star Trek, they went in the direction of Spaceballs. If I want serious stuff, I'll go to GTA. I want comedy, though, so I'll stick with Saint's Row. It sucks for people who wanted it to be GTA 2.0, though, and I feel for them.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#4DolemiteXPPosted 12/20/2013 9:28:54 AM
I don't mind the comedy but PLEASE for goodness sakes no more aliens and no more virtual reality worlds/matrix superpowers.
---
Shanahan!!! Yuse got some SPLAININ ta do!!!
#5UnhelpfulNPCPosted 12/20/2013 9:39:02 AM
DolemiteXP posted...
I don't mind the comedy but PLEASE for goodness sakes no more aliens and no more virtual reality worlds/matrix superpowers.

Can they keep the velociraptors and mechas?
#6knightimexPosted 12/20/2013 9:43:51 AM(edited)
GTA = Drama
Saints Row = Comedy

Also, matrix super powers made Saints Row 4 super fun!
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
#7gohoanqPosted 12/20/2013 9:45:09 AM
I liked SR1, hated 2, loved 3, didn't care for 4.. lol Whatever it'll be I hope they add more content, upgrade the graphics, and go with a SLIGHTLY less silly route this time.. because I think 4 overdid it.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#8dementedlullabyPosted 12/20/2013 9:45:10 AM
They need to fix up the character models. The hair in specific is so ugly now. Playing in 1080p with max graphics settings.

I'm really enjoying SR4 though. I feel the super powers play very fluidly once you start unlocking and upgrading a few things through the clusters. If you aren't looking for a GTA clone there's a lot to enjoy.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#9gamefaqwatcherPosted 12/20/2013 9:56:19 AM
They can reuse the same engine which they'd most likely do. I really don't see why'd they need a new one. It's cheaper and it works. They will most likely be heavy modifying which will make the games they create with it feel like current gen. I'm not making sound as if it's great, i'm not a fan of the whole npc and vehicles disappearing with the turn of a camera.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#10FeatherwindPosted 12/20/2013 10:00:16 AM
RonBurgundy929 posted...

My feelings exactly.
---
pathological