Without Xbox Live what features are actually taken away?

#1MasterDuoPosted 12/20/2013 9:52:38 AM
I am about to get an Xbox One but my Live subscription expired. Will I still be able to use Netflix and all the other apps for the system? Will I just not be able to go online with any games at all? What exactly can I do without a Live subscription?
---
PSN: duoreign *PS4 NBA2K14 and Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag*
Heat and Mavs fan from Sacramento since 95'
#2ExempliGratiaPosted 12/20/2013 9:53:40 AM
You should get a 2 week subscription with your xbox one. Don't know if that was just the Day One Edition.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#3AzaneAzerPosted 12/20/2013 9:53:46 AM
No, You need Gold to do anything with that ethernet cord because Paywall.
#4MrSpaM111Posted 12/20/2013 9:57:40 AM
The answer is, not a whole lot
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#5ElPolloDiablo87Posted 12/20/2013 9:59:27 AM
So are we back to the paywall now? We've had resolution and there have been a ton of NSA topics lately, but I haven't seen much OMG TEH PAYWALLZ!!! talk. Have we completed the cycle and gotten back to it?
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#6MasterDuo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 10:26:32 AM
Well that sucks. What can you actually do without it?
---
PSN: duoreign *PS4 NBA2K14 and Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag*
Heat and Mavs fan from Sacramento since 95'
#7AzaneAzerPosted 12/20/2013 10:27:50 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
So are we back to the paywall now? We've had resolution and there have been a ton of NSA topics lately, but I haven't seen much OMG TEH PAYWALLZ!!! talk. Have we completed the cycle and gotten back to it?

So, when someone asks if they can watch netflix without gold, saying they can't, with a straight up answer is considered trolling?
#8ExempliGratiaPosted 12/20/2013 10:33:06 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...

So, when someone asks if they can watch netflix without gold, saying they can't, with a straight up answer is considered trolling?

The thing is he didn't say anything about trolling there.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#9HorridhalPosted 12/20/2013 10:50:47 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...

Incorrect. You lose almost every app that requires streaming. Since TC's initial question included Netflix that does require Gold membership to run.

Enjoy the paywall.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#10hellslavePosted 12/20/2013 11:07:14 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...

Incorrect. You lose almost every app that requires streaming. Since TC's initial question included Netflix that does require Gold membership to run.

Enjoy the paywall.

Not incorrect, as he was answering the TC's last qustion of, "What exactly can I do without a Live subscription?"
---
According to statistics, nearly 100% of all fatalities are caused by death.