Apparently PS4 CPU is clocked higher than Xbox One CPU

#613HPPosted 12/20/2013 12:21:05 PM
leelee3105 posted...
so the PSpoor is more powerful than the X1, but still the X1 is more expensive and selling faster.........must be because the PSpoor has no games, and people didnt want to pay $400 for the equivalent of buying the PS3.1

Selling faster? Lol can i have what you are smoking?
#62ILikeGamesManPosted 12/20/2013 12:21:31 PM
DelRowe posted...
So bringing Xbox One news to the Xbox One board is trolling now according to some people here. Ok then.

Yeah that's exactly it. Miles is not a well known troll. Got it, thanks.

We aren't stupid.
#63suicide machinePosted 12/20/2013 12:22:19 PM
I could be remembering things incorrectly... but wasn't the ps3's hardware better than xbox 360? wasn't it shown to be a more powerful unit? if it was... I still enjoyed my 360 way more than my ps3. and no one made this much of a commotion about the difference before.
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#64MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 12:23:14 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
DelRowe posted...
So bringing Xbox One news to the Xbox One board is trolling now according to some people here. Ok then.

Yeah that's exactly it. Miles is not a well known troll. Got it, thanks.

We aren't stupid.

So if one of your beloved brethren posted this, what would be your reaction? Ignore it? Or turn on your fellow Xbone comrade?
#65DolemiteXPPosted 12/20/2013 12:24:02 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
archibald3 posted...
DelRowe posted...

Not sure how many times this needs to be explained but obviously more then 100. Trolling is this guy relentlessly posting every negative thing he can find or dream up to post on the subject of the xbox One - over and over - for weeks on end.
Stop denying the obvious as if a troll has a clean slate with every new post attacking something /anything about the X1.

"I don't like bad news so it shouldn't be posted here". Also I haven't posted here in a couple weeks I think. Just wanted you guys to know MS lied.

*Puts in Ryse*

*Game looks better than anything on PS4*

*Shrugs and continues to play Ryse*....
---
Shanahan!!! Yuse got some SPLAININ ta do!!!
#66GiarccpsnPosted 12/20/2013 12:25:49 PM
3HP posted...
leelee3105 posted...
so the PSpoor is more powerful than the X1, but still the X1 is more expensive and selling faster.........must be because the PSpoor has no games, and people didnt want to pay $400 for the equivalent of buying the PS3.1

Selling faster? Lol can i have what you are smoking?

What leelee3105 seems to miss is that PS4's are not Instock anywhere, so Instock Xb'ones would be selling faster.
---
PSN ID: JoeKnightt
XboxLive GT: JoeKnightt
#673HPPosted 12/20/2013 12:26:26 PM
suicide machine posted...
I could be remembering things incorrectly... but wasn't the ps3's hardware better than xbox 360? wasn't it shown to be a more powerful unit? if it was... I still enjoyed my 360 way more than my ps3. and no one made this much of a commotion about the difference before.

Yes, it was technically better but it was extremely hard to develop for and therefore take advantage of. It wasn't until almost the end of its life cycle that developers started putting out games that actually used the hardware in a meaningful way.

In the end it was a complete detriment to the system and caused almost all multiplats to be inferior on ps3 which was why they pulled a complete 180 and made the PS4 as easy as possible to develop for.
#68suicide machinePosted 12/20/2013 12:28:43 PM
3HP posted...
suicide machine posted...

Yes, it was technically better but it was extremely hard to develop for and therefore take advantage of. It wasn't until almost the end of its life cycle that developers started putting out games that actually used the hardware in a meaningful way.

In the end it was a complete detriment to the system and caused almost all multiplats to be inferior on ps3 which was why they pulled a complete 180 and made the PS4 as easy as possible to develop for.

just curious, what made it so extremely hard to develop games for it?
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#69saleamaPosted 12/20/2013 12:40:37 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=737629&page=1

http://gamingbolt.com/substance-engine-increases-ps4-xbox-one-texture-generation-speed-to-14-mbs-12-mbs-respectively

Both systems have 8 core Jaguar based CPUs from AMD, but prior to release Microsoft was promoting the fact that their CPU was clocked higher at 1.75Ghz. The benchmarks here imply the PS4 CPU is actually running at 2Ghz in order to produce 14 MB/s versus 12 MB/s for the Xbox One. The other possibility is that these figures are for the whole CPU and not a single core as labelled. In that case it would imply PS4 is using 7 cores at 1.75Ghz versus 6 cores at the same frequency.

Since this tech is purely algorithmic on CPU and not boiund by bandwidth we can't look to the PS4's GPU or GDDR5 to explain the difference. The only logical conclusion is the PS4 has a faster CPU, despite Microsoft's protestations to the contrary.Sony has never officially disclosed the PS4's CPU clockspeed.

Apparently a developer also chimed in on the topic seemingly confirming it. Guess that old rumor of PS4 CPU being at 2ghz was legit.

The reason I game on consoles is so I do not have to give two spits about this kind of stuff. I get home, I put in the game I want to play and if I put it in the correct system, the game starts right up and I play it. I don't have to worry about tweaking and cpu nipples to get an extra graphic boost. It just is. Don't care much about whozits and whatzits as long as I got games. I also do not care one extra bit if multi-platform games look or run a tiny, unseeable bit better on one maching or the others.
#70xHuckleberryPosted 12/20/2013 12:42:56 PM
YoYoHaHa posted...
Thanks a lot TC.

I was enjoying my Xbox One but then I read that the PS4's CPU runs .25ghz faster.

Now I'm just sick. Regretting my purchase. Questioning life. Angry with God.

So many emotions.

Its like when your girlfriend asks what time you got home last friday. You say, 10:30, but later it comes to light it was really 11:30....ish

Why did you lie, and wtf we're you doing out that late at night without her.

Even if you stopped by the gas station and seen a friend whom you hadnt seen in years and talked to them for awhile about life. You could have been preaching about how awesome your girlfriend is to this person, but it doesnt matter to her. You lied, and trust is lost due to this.

But MS can lie, or tweak the truth a bit. And we just say things like this post here.

I think we're hypocrites guys.