So is there an arcade section on Xbox One? If no then is it only digital games?

#1bloodlover4everPosted 12/20/2013 1:05:34 PM
Also why cannot we have the arcade games on XboxOne? It is digital and like the PC the better PC you have the better experience you will get. So games can be downloaded on both consoles but it should work on a better resolution if you get them on Xbox One!
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 12/20/2013 1:06:54 PM
Uhh...

What?
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3sabrestormPosted 12/20/2013 1:07:05 PM
what type arcade games you talking about? pac man, joust, pin ball?
#4ohollywoodoPosted 12/20/2013 1:31:43 PM
I think what TC is talking about is how they have now lost the XBLA name and that the ONE just has a GAMES tab.
This is very confusing and one of the things i looked at first during my hands on demo.
It seems very complicated and/or impossible to sort games by digital copies of retail games and straight to digital "arcade" titles.

I for one hate this.
I would like an "arcade" tab as we currently have with the 360.
I feel that in a very short time this tab will grow too big to really search with any ease, and they will be forced to make changes.

The tab as it is seems much too crowded already.

I think that's what TC meant to say......
---
ooH0LLYW00Doo <-- feel free to add me
#5suicide machinePosted 12/20/2013 1:36:08 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if when there are more games released, that it will eventually get separated. As it stands, there's only a little more than a couple of dozen games all together. it doesn't take much to browse them all in one go
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#6hobojohnsonPosted 12/20/2013 2:36:11 PM
As they explained it "games are games" so they didn't want to separate them, nice in theory but unfortunately we have full retail games, "arcade" games and eventually indie games so they are going to have to do something or everything will be a big mess. As annoying as it was on the 360 at least there was a distinction between the 3 types of games.
---
x360\X1 Gamertag = Osiris Prime
Friend Code = 476879648423
#7bloodlover4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 11:08:25 AM
ohollywoodo posted...
I think what TC is talking about is how they have now lost the XBLA name and that the ONE just has a GAMES tab.
This is very confusing and one of the things i looked at first during my hands on demo.
It seems very complicated and/or impossible to sort games by digital copies of retail games and straight to digital "arcade" titles.

I for one hate this.
I would like an "arcade" tab as we currently have with the 360.
I feel that in a very short time this tab will grow too big to really search with any ease, and they will be forced to make changes.

The tab as it is seems much too crowded already.

I think that's what TC meant to say......

Yes exactly, as for what type I am talking about things that we usually get on Xbox Arcade section like the walking dead, Limbo.. Games that are purely digital.
#8bloodlover4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 11:10:45 AM
hobojohnson posted...
As they explained it "games are games" so they didn't want to separate them, nice in theory but unfortunately we have full retail games, "arcade" games and eventually indie games so they are going to have to do something or everything will be a big mess. As annoying as it was on the 360 at least there was a distinction between the 3 types of games.

Thanks I always fail to see what the digital games on Xbox arcade section cannot be downloaded as well on Xbox One!
#9DugFreezPosted 12/22/2013 7:03:20 AM
I think the original mess of the store is to make it look like there is more there than there really is.

Just one of the many steps backwards the Xbox One has made from the 360.
#10ILikesCheesePosted 12/22/2013 12:23:56 PM
DugFreez posted...
I think the original mess of the store is to make it look like there is more there than there really is. Just one of the many steps backwards the Xbox One has made from the 360.

Yep.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?