does microsoft even see the xbox one as a gaming console?

#11NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 1:19:00 PM
therickmu25 posted...
I don't understand the close mindedness that you can't have a machine that does more than one thing. The XB1 has a ton of games on the way and yea it does a ton of other things too, so what? We live in a world now where we have the tech to create small devices that can do a lot of different things, just look at our phones. It's shortchanging to make an entertainment product that is only good at doing one task.

I'm not saying you can't have stuff like that but when everything does what the xbox one is trying to tout as new and innovative

it's not really something to brag about...i can easily watch movies or browse the web on my ipad...same with my galaxy note 3

even something like wiiu can browse the web and watch movies

it's not that we can't have machines that do more than one thing but when you try to do too many things all at once there's bound to be some problems

the xbox one is trying to be the center of everyone's living room the key to everything but you know what they say...Jack Of All Trades Master Of None

they can do all this media tasking with the xbox one but at the end of the day it's not gonna be any better than the competition on other devices(except for maybe the wiiu but that's not exactly a media monster)nor will it be that much worse it'll just be okay
---
PS3 Tag: VV_Argost
XB1 Gamertag: GamerClawdeen
#12mokmuudPosted 12/20/2013 1:19:54 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
Goofy topic, but I'll say this:

Xbox One is a game console. Remember this? Xbox One was built by gamers for gamers. Believe that or don't, I won't care.

You say Xbox to anyone, and they'll say game console. MS is making sure people know it's much more than that.

This message was brought to you by microsoft.

Lol
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#13ZezrsPosted 12/20/2013 1:20:05 PM
Money machine
#14regsantotomasPosted 12/20/2013 1:30:30 PM(edited)
NightMareBunny posted...

I'm not saying you can't have stuff like that but when everything does what the xbox one is trying to tout as new and innovative

it's not really something to brag about...i can easily watch movies or browse the web on my ipad...same with my galaxy note 3

even something like wiiu can browse the web and watch movies

it's not that we can't have machines that do more than one thing but when you try to do too many things all at once there's bound to be some problems

the xbox one is trying to be the center of everyone's living room the key to everything but you know what they say...Jack Of All Trades Master Of None

they can do all this media tasking with the xbox one but at the end of the day it's not gonna be any better than the competition on other devices(except for maybe the wiiu but that's not exactly a media monster)nor will it be that much worse it'll just be okay

Except it is new to be able to do all these things and be able to game and watch TV on the same platform. You can marginalize it. You may find it unimpressive but the experience itself is new.

All advertisement is essentially promoting (or bragging) about features. Wii U is horrible at doing these things. I own one and never use it for anything but games because it delivers the other functionality so poorly.

I have several devices like a TiVo, PS3, computer, tablet, iPhone, etc and none of these devices offer the same convenience as the Xbox One. Now, do some of them have better iterations of certain apps? Absolutely. It doesn't, however, deter from the ease and convenience of a centralized device much like my iPhone is my centralized device for portability.

Again, if you are unimpressed, that is your opinion but you seem to be trying really hard to downplay the multimedia features. IMO, while it isn't perfect, the experience that it offers beyond just just gaming is what makes this device and platform standout.

I makes all the sense in the world to advertise it.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#15LordcrabfoodPosted 12/20/2013 1:29:39 PM
Of course not, thats why MS invested 1 billion dollars for exclusives.
#16stekim40Posted 12/20/2013 1:34:05 PM
NightMareBunny posted...
with the way it's marketed i feel like they see it more as an oversized tablet and that's not an attack against the console but a sad truth....every video i see with them talking about it has them discussing the media features more than what the console itself means for video games

not that they shouldn't advertise the features but at this point things like Hulu Netflix Youtube And Crackle are commonplace no need to keep mentioning you can do this or that when you can do that on just about any other device out there

it's best to stick to the things that separate the console from being just another media hog that doesn't know what to do with all it's abilities

Without being a fanboy of either system, in all honesty its like this:-

Microsoft see the Xbox One as a 'media center' for the family that also plays games.

Sony see the PS4 is a games console with some media frills.

Nintendo see the Wii U as a 'retro' games console. for ppl who like to play Marioland and Mariokart ad nauseam.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#17krystylaPosted 12/20/2013 1:36:18 PM
stekim40 posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
with the way it's marketed i feel like they see it more as an oversized tablet and that's not an attack against the console but a sad truth....every video i see with them talking about it has them discussing the media features more than what the console itself means for video games

not that they shouldn't advertise the features but at this point things like Hulu Netflix Youtube And Crackle are commonplace no need to keep mentioning you can do this or that when you can do that on just about any other device out there

it's best to stick to the things that separate the console from being just another media hog that doesn't know what to do with all it's abilities

Without being a fanboy of either system, in all honesty its like this:-

Microsoft see the Xbox One as a 'media center' for the family that also plays games.

Sony see the PS4 is a games console with some media frills.

Nintendo see the Wii U as a 'retro' games console. for ppl who like to play Marioland and Mariokart ad nauseam.

All three see them as piles of cash
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#18AzaneAzerPosted 12/20/2013 1:44:30 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
Goofy topic, but I'll say this:

Xbox One is a game console. Remember this? Xbox One was built by gamers for gamers. Believe that or don't, I won't care.

You say Xbox to anyone, and they'll say game console. MS is making sure people know it's much more than that.

But...but Sony or Mark Cerny or Kaz Hirai didn't say Xbox One was built by gamers for gamers so it must not be true :-P

Ya, no, the MS executives (Before they got fired) were busy saying "Then don't buy one"
#19UraRenge2005Posted 12/20/2013 1:47:33 PM
When promoting a new system you don't advertise old crap.

Holy snap yo! This next gen system reads disks!!!
or
If you press buttons on the controller you can make things happen on the screen dawg!
or
Did you know that the new xbox can play games? Everyone go buy one nao!

Seriously...

Oh wait, PS4 can play used games.

SMH. I hate this generation of gamers so hard.
---
"He's going to have a career like Benoit did except with less murder. ~Kingjoe110
#20zephirrainesPosted 12/20/2013 1:48:08 PM
The xbox is just a cable box, which makes the fact that it kills the ps4 in games even more sad for the ponies.