does microsoft even see the xbox one as a gaming console?

#41kyncaniPosted 12/21/2013 5:59:06 PM
Well, there are some Kinect games and you can change the TV channel ...
#42Satchmo25Posted 12/21/2013 6:17:44 PM
zephirraines posted...
The xbox is just a cable box, which makes the fact that it kills the ps4 in games even more sad for the ponies.

---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#43CaIiber345Posted 12/21/2013 6:38:47 PM
IMProdiGY posted...
Last time I checked there are games on Xbox One and at this time there is more then the PS4. While I do enjoy indies I do not count them as "next gen". What Microsoft is trying to do is what almost everything does EVOLVE. Look at the Ipod when they first started and what it is now.

I just don't get how people don't appreciate what they are trying to do. Look what Microsoft did with 360! They took console gaming to the next level. It was as close to Pc gaming you can get to. Now look at the PS4. Thanks to what 360 did so great, PS4 while late to the party is doing everything 360 already did. PS3 was what it is because of 360. Sony was pushed to add this and that so that way people can play their system.

Both X1 and PS4 are great consoles. And owning both is a plus. BUT I appreciate the innovation that Microsoft does with their consoles. I promise you that with the PS5 you will be able to do everything the X1 does at the moment. A lot of people don't think much of it, but it is really cool and the console it self feels next gen.

No one mentioned PS4. And EVOLVING GAMING DOESN'T MEAN PUSHING MULTIMEDIA FEATURES ON A VIDEO GAME CONSOLE. When are you people going to get that? Change the way we game, not how we use a cable box. Apps? Many of the people that have $500 to spend on a video game console likely already have a PC, laptop, smartphone, or tablet to do things that are now common, like Skype, browse the Internet, watch movies and shows, listen to music, etc.. None of that has to do with GAMING.

And wtf are you smoking? Xbox 360 was "as close to PC gaming"?! Yeah, okay, right.

I'm not here to argue which console is better because it's not about that. I saw Forza in action tonight and it was very impressive. But you have the entire point of this topic twisted. I completely agree with TC. Microsoft wants you to Skype and watch TV and use Kinect and manage your fantasy sports teams first. No, that's not a good thing for gamers. How are they evolving? Titanfall? Oh look, another brown and gray CoD but this time with mechs (and I think mechs are awesome) and they threw enough money at Respawn to make sure Sony didn't get it. How exactly does that evolve gaming? It doesn't. It's to appease the FPS crowd (and I happen to enjoy FPSers).

And no, I'm not saying that so far, PS4 has done anything to evolve gaming either. However, they quietly offer multimedia features in the background, but market their console to gamers first. That's the point of this topic.
---
Playstation 4, Xbox 360
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" - Bilbo Baggins
#44IMProdiGYPosted 12/21/2013 6:51:31 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
IMProdiGY posted...
Last time I checked there are games on Xbox One and at this time there is more then the PS4. While I do enjoy indies I do not count them as "next gen". What Microsoft is trying to do is what almost everything does EVOLVE. Look at the Ipod when they first started and what it is now.

I just don't get how people don't appreciate what they are trying to do. Look what Microsoft did with 360! They took console gaming to the next level. It was as close to Pc gaming you can get to. Now look at the PS4. Thanks to what 360 did so great, PS4 while late to the party is doing everything 360 already did. PS3 was what it is because of 360. Sony was pushed to add this and that so that way people can play their system.

Both X1 and PS4 are great consoles. And owning both is a plus. BUT I appreciate the innovation that Microsoft does with their consoles. I promise you that with the PS5 you will be able to do everything the X1 does at the moment. A lot of people don't think much of it, but it is really cool and the console it self feels next gen.

No one mentioned PS4. And EVOLVING GAMING DOESN'T MEAN PUSHING MULTIMEDIA FEATURES ON A VIDEO GAME CONSOLE. When are you people going to get that? Change the way we game, not how we use a cable box. Apps? Many of the people that have $500 to spend on a video game console likely already have a PC, laptop, smartphone, or tablet to do things that are now common, like Skype, browse the Internet, watch movies and shows, listen to music, etc.. None of that has to do with GAMING.

And wtf are you smoking? Xbox 360 was "as close to PC gaming"?! Yeah, okay, right.

I'm not here to argue which console is better because it's not about that. I saw Forza in action tonight and it was very impressive. But you have the entire point of this topic twisted. I completely agree with TC. Microsoft wants you to Skype and watch TV and use Kinect and manage your fantasy sports teams first. No, that's not a good thing for gamers. How are they evolving? Titanfall? Oh look, another brown and gray CoD but this time with mechs (and I think mechs are awesome) and they threw enough money at Respawn to make sure Sony didn't get it. How exactly does that evolve gaming? It doesn't. It's to appease the FPS crowd (and I happen to enjoy FPSers).

And no, I'm not saying that so far, PS4 has done anything to evolve gaming either. However, they quietly offer multimedia features in the background, but market their console to gamers first. That's the point of this topic.

I'm done smoking that stuff homie, but which console was the closes to PC? Never said it was, I said it was the closes. Again what was the IPOD for MUSIC and now it's a multi media device. If it was not such a big deal why is the PS3-4 almost doing the same? Well, doing the same without the TV stuff. Its a great system for what it does and me as a gamer since 5 years old back in the late 80's I can appreciate what they are doing. People just want stuff to nit pick at. If X1 did exactly what Playstation was doing then Xbox would become the new Sega. It is what they do with their consoles that keep them going. Don't forget they still have games as well.
---
gl hf
#45krystylaPosted 12/21/2013 7:04:27 PM
They all see their hardware as the ticket to our wallets
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#46MikasaAyanamiPosted 12/21/2013 7:38:04 PM
CapwnD posted...
What a dumb question. I guess the TC dosn't have both consoles. If he did, he would be on the PS4 boards asking where the hell all the Sony games are.

EDIT: he has neither of the new consoles.

Dude... Seriously? Does TC even see the TC as a gamer? Or just a message board Pony?

Can't you get your point across without insulting? That's just rude.
#47bloodlover4everPosted 12/23/2013 2:04:18 PM
does microsoft even see the xbox one as a gaming console?

No but a media device with a gaming function.
#48scoobydoobydontPosted 12/23/2013 2:05:59 PM
Microsoft isn't a person. I'm sure the people who work there have a diverse set of views on what it is, should be, and has the potential to be.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#49crucialPosted 12/23/2013 2:21:06 PM
No they spent over a billion dollars on new IPs,Halo and Fable games,bought over 300,000 servers and spent 200 million making the new controller because they do not look at it as a gaming machine,they also had a much better launch then PS4 when it comes to games because they do not care about X1 as a gaming console.

They bought the rights to DR3 and TF just because they wanted you to buy an X1 so that they can focus on cable and the NFL.

MS needs to just quit the gaming industry because it's just coming out with to many games and multi plats,they need to do what Sony is doing and lock up all those indie games everyone wants,lmao.
#50PraetorXynPosted 12/23/2013 2:27:12 PM
It would actually be All in One if it actually served as a cable box.

Since it only serves as a HDMI passthrough there's not really much point assuming you know how to switch inputs on your TV.

It does a lot of things, but it really doesn't do any of them particularly well.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9