does microsoft even see the xbox one as a gaming console?

#61blunderminePosted 12/23/2013 7:56:33 PM
TC that's like asking if you see your clock radio as a clock. Yes it's a clock, but it's also a radio.
#62Spetsnaz420Posted 12/23/2013 11:53:40 PM
CKnight posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
Goofy topic, but I'll say this:

Xbox One is a game console. Remember this? Xbox One was built by gamers for gamers. Believe that or don't, I won't care.

You say Xbox to anyone, and they'll say game console. MS is making sure people know it's much more than that.

For a bunch of gamers they sure seemed have no idea what gamers wanted when they announced this thing. Dont fool yourself...neither company makes these consoles for the love of games. Maybe lots of employees are gamers but they all answer to people who aren't.

What gamers want will vary from person to person. Now alot of gamers are enjoying the extra features, who are you to say they shouldn't or tell them thats not what a game console should have?

Like tvs, phones, tablets and such they are blending the lines on what a device can do. But those extras doesn't change the core of the device. a Smart tv is still mainly a tv, a smart phone a phone, ect. The Xbox One a gaming console.

I spend most of my time on the One playing games. BF4, CoD and Forza 5 are packed online by gamers enjoying games.

What I don't understand is why a small hand full of gamers need to have this thrown in their faces. Does Ford need to tell you a car can be driven or do you just know. Does Samsung need to tell you your Smart tv can be used as a tv?

Why does MS need to hammer home that the Xbox One plays games when anyone who isn't stupid knows it plays games? But they may not know about other things that may interest them right?

What does that have to do with what I said? Another poster said for gamers gamers and I basically said no for profit by suits.

I do feel they should advertise the gaming aspect of the system a bit more however...but I dont think they shouldn't advertise other features as well
---
I don't conform to social convention
"Xbox people don't care about the truth, they only care about seamless multimedia streaming." - Stan Marsh
#63dnmtPosted 12/24/2013 12:47:13 AM
Here you go TC hope this helps:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/04/xbox-one-built-with-advertising-in-mind-kinect-integral-to-next-gen-adverts/
#64IMProdiGYPosted 12/24/2013 12:40:28 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
CKnight posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
Goofy topic, but I'll say this:

Xbox One is a game console. Remember this? Xbox One was built by gamers for gamers. Believe that or don't, I won't care.

You say Xbox to anyone, and they'll say game console. MS is making sure people know it's much more than that.

For a bunch of gamers they sure seemed have no idea what gamers wanted when they announced this thing. Dont fool yourself...neither company makes these consoles for the love of games. Maybe lots of employees are gamers but they all answer to people who aren't.

What gamers want will vary from person to person. Now alot of gamers are enjoying the extra features, who are you to say they shouldn't or tell them thats not what a game console should have?

Like tvs, phones, tablets and such they are blending the lines on what a device can do. But those extras doesn't change the core of the device. a Smart tv is still mainly a tv, a smart phone a phone, ect. The Xbox One a gaming console.

I spend most of my time on the One playing games. BF4, CoD and Forza 5 are packed online by gamers enjoying games.

What I don't understand is why a small hand full of gamers need to have this thrown in their faces. Does Ford need to tell you a car can be driven or do you just know. Does Samsung need to tell you your Smart tv can be used as a tv?

Why does MS need to hammer home that the Xbox One plays games when anyone who isn't stupid knows it plays games? But they may not know about other things that may interest them right?

What does that have to do with what I said? Another poster said for gamers gamers and I basically said no for profit by suits.

I do feel they should advertise the gaming aspect of the system a bit more however...but I dont think they shouldn't advertise other features as well

Why not? Everyone knows its a gaming console already. If you push other elements of the console then people will think wow this device does a lot. Remember there are people out there that dont read online gaming sites, read Game Informer, or better spend counless hours here reading about games.

See all the commercials of cars that park themselves and brake for you when you dont pay attention. Its still a car we dont need to be told its a car, but advertising these features will help in sales.

I would rather have a consoles that offers more then less. PS4 can have all the games they want in the future, but right now X1 is the way to go.

If not for bad PR move when system was announced and at E3. I would love to see what numbers would have been. More is better IMO
---
gl hf
#65EllesarienPosted 12/24/2013 12:49:55 PM
Virobot posted...
I have a TV for watching TV.

I have a PC for browsing the internet, skyping with friends, and gaming.

I have a wife for voice commands.

And a PS4 for gaming (and voice commands).

So where does an Xbox fit in? Does it do something that I can't do already?

And I have a console that does/enhances all of those so I guess I win.

Not sure how having 5 different devices that do one single thing is better than having one that does all five but to each their own I suppose.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#66pwnater777Posted 12/24/2013 12:51:52 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Virobot posted...

Not sure how having 5 different devices that do one single thing is better than having one that does all five but to each their own I suppose.

But one little bit of logic to insert here: Why would you need a console that plays TV, when the majority of people using the console are already playing through a TV? Are people really too lazy nowadays to just turn off the console, grab the remote, and flip through channels?
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
#67EllesarienPosted 12/24/2013 1:05:24 PM
pwnater777 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Virobot posted...

But one little bit of logic to insert here: Why would you need a console that plays TV, when the majority of people using the console are already playing through a TV? Are people really too lazy nowadays to just turn off the console, grab the remote, and flip through channels?

Being more efficient hardly equates to laziness and having a X-1 saved me a ton of money by not having to buy a Smart TV.

On that note - You are saying that every single individual that has bought a Smart TV is lazy eh?
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#68pwnater777Posted 12/24/2013 1:11:46 PM
Ellesarien posted...
pwnater777 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Virobot posted...

Being more efficient hardly equates to laziness and having a X-1 saved me a ton of money by not having to buy a Smart TV.

On that note - You are saying that every single individual that has bought a Smart TV is lazy eh?

No, since that's a TV, and they're using it for its exact purpose. I just think that when you step back from all the tech talk about what special features and exclusive access there is, it sounds incredibly dumb to watch TV through a gaming console being played (most likely) on a TV.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
#69mokmuudPosted 12/24/2013 1:15:21 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Virobot posted...

Except it doesn't enhance them. Plus it costs you more to do them.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#70EllesarienPosted 12/24/2013 1:25:20 PM(edited)
pwnater777 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
pwnater777 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Virobot posted...

No, since that's a TV, and they're using it for its exact purpose. I just think that when you step back from all the tech talk about what special features and exclusive access there is, it sounds incredibly dumb to watch TV through a gaming console being played (most likely) on a TV.

LOL...So perfect. So using a X-1 for smart TV features is lazy but using those same features via a TV is not?

Oh man...you guys try so hard some times I don't think you even see how ridiculous you are. Oh man...that was great stuff.
---