does microsoft even see the xbox one as a gaming console?

#71EllesarienPosted 12/24/2013 1:26:48 PM
mokmuud posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Virobot posted...
I have a TV for watching TV.

I have a PC for browsing the internet, skyping with friends, and gaming.

I have a wife for voice commands.

And a PS4 for gaming (and voice commands).

So where does an Xbox fit in? Does it do something that I can't do already?

And I have a console that does/enhances all of those so I guess I win.

Not sure how having 5 different devices that do one single thing is better than having one that does all five but to each their own I suppose.

Except it doesn't enhance them. Plus it costs you more to do them.

Except it does and by not having to buy a Smart TV...I saved in the long run. But thanks for your concern about my purchases. Always nice to see that type of caring during the holidays.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#72pwnater777Posted 12/24/2013 1:28:35 PM
Some people realize the logic in watching TV through a TV instead of having a gaming console as a middleman. But you're obviously missing the point, so I'm not even going to bother.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
#73IMProdiGYPosted 12/24/2013 1:40:26 PM(edited)
pwnater777 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
pwnater777 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Virobot posted...

Not sure how having 5 different devices that do one single thing is better than having one that does all five but to each their own I suppose.

But one little bit of logic to insert here: Why would you need a console that plays TV, when the majority of people using the console are already playing through a TV? Are people really too lazy nowadays to just turn off the console, grab the remote, and flip through channels?

Being more efficient hardly equates to laziness and having a X-1 saved me a ton of money by not having to buy a Smart TV.

On that note - You are saying that every single individual that has bought a Smart TV is lazy eh?

No, since that's a TV, and they're using it for its exact purpose. I just think that when you step back from all the tech talk about what special features and exclusive access there is, it sounds incredibly dumb to watch TV through a gaming console being played (most likely) on a TV.

How is it dumb? Do you own a X1? Its the fact that its a convenience. You can switch from one to the next on the fly. Yeah u can use ur tv remote, but during that time u can switch from game to tv a lot quicker.

I just understand why this is an issue. My console does everything I need to do and more. I can watch the game while playing my game. Sounds good to me. X1 is making a lot of money because of they are doing so its obviously a good thing.
---
gl hf
#74mokmuudPosted 12/24/2013 1:41:41 PM
Ellesarien posted...
mokmuud posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Virobot posted...

Except it doesn't enhance them. Plus it costs you more to do them.

Except it does and by not having to buy a Smart TV...I saved in the long run. But thanks for your concern about my purchases. Always nice to see that type of caring during the holidays.

Except it doesn't. How is it saving money in the long run to pay a fee in addition to the fee you already pay to use a service.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#75mokmuudPosted 12/24/2013 1:42:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#76RedEnsignPosted 12/24/2013 3:54:07 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Virobot posted...

If having a device that does those things at an inferior level is winning, I suggest you seek professional therapy.

Better than a quality Smart TV....Nope = Technological Fact
Better than a PC...Nope = Technological Fact (unless you're running a Walmart special)
Better than wife....doubt you have 1st hand experience but I promise you that factual answer is no.
That leaves gaming which is purely a matter of opinion.

Where exactly did you win again?

This is why we get crappy products all the time. The average uninformed consumer sees a product that does many things half-a**ed and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. Since the iPod was used as an example, it evolved over a long time, didn't rush to try to do too many things too fast, and it literally had no real competition. MS put out superior hardware, the Zune, but still failed miserably trying to compete. You best hope they aren't repeating that history again.
---
GameFAQS. The world wide leader in intellectual gaming conversation................SAID NO ONE EVER!!!!