just finished the new x1 vs ps4 video poll on IGN (GET READY TO REEEAD!!)

#1BeardedXBatmanPosted 12/20/2013 11:24:38 PM
this poll kinda surprised me. i own both of these consoles and i really love them both. my initial impulse when i saw the categories was that i would vote ps4 for controller and hardware and vote xbox for games, software and online. but i decided not to make any snap decisions and watch the videos play out before i cast my vote. controller was a no brainer for me. i think the ds4 is the best controller i've ever used hands down (and i've been playing from the com64 with my big sister in the 80s up til now). hardware was another easy vote for me because my ps4 has worked perfectly since i pulled it out of the box and a lot of my third party games look and play better on it (AC4, BF4). then i get to games, which i figured would be a vote for xbox because DR3 is really great, as is forza, and i actually had a lot of fun with ryse despite the poor reviews. but as i watched the video, i realized that killzone and resogun are my two favorite exclusives right now and they're both on the ps4. so ps4 got my vote for games. next up, software. i think the kinect (when it works as it should) is pretty freakin awesome and using smartglass with my games is a lot cooler than i was expecting. but i had forgotten about one big feature... remote play. i can't even tell you how great this is. given the way remote play worked on the ps3, i wasnt expecting a whole lot here but it works exactly as advertised with a perfect 1:1 ratio. add on top of that, the pure joy that comes from live broadcasts and even though i was conflicted on this one i still had to give the nod to ps4. now here's the one that was really crazy for me. online. over this last generation, xbox live grew into something much bigger than i ever thought it would. it changed the face of gaming forever and in a good way unlike certain other "advancements" (i'm looking at you motion controls). the only time i really played games online on psn was for fighting games and ac4 multiplayer. but anything that required teamwork or even if i just wanted to chat with a buddy playing a different game xbox live was where i went. but as much as i hate to admit it, things have changed. i know most of this is just growing pains for the tons and tons of new servers microsoft has installed but things like how wonky party chat is, how difficult it is to join a friends game and the number of server drop outs i've personally had as well as have seen... psn is the better service right now. on the ps4, at least. psn now is capable of doing everything that i loved about xbox live last gen and then some. the way it links to your friends with the activity feed is much more intuitive than it is on the xbox. the way it links to your social media and things like twitch and ustream is just as amazing. the live broadcasting is one of my favorite features so far. and the fact that i keep getting GREAT free games on all of my playstation devices doesn't hurt either. i got resogun for free day one. i still haven't seen any free with gold games for the xbone, not even a crappy indie game. so ps4 got my vote again in that category too. and so of course, i gave my overall vote to ps4 too. but it really made me realize that i am much more satisfied with my cheaper ps4 than i am with my xbox one, even though i'm crazy about the xbox one. i do think that a lot of the issues the xbox one has will be fixed over the next few months but at this moment my ps4 feels like a complete console while my xbox one kinda feels like its still in beta. thanks for sticking with my through that whole novel up there! i'm curious what those of you who own both console would say to it. MERRY CHRISTMAS, Y'ALL!
---
*This message has been brought to you by The Bearded Batman, LLC* CHAKRA ATTACK! HoMmMmMmm.... HoMmMmMmM
PSN/XBL - BeardedXBatman
#2DojoMaxPosted 12/20/2013 11:29:16 PM
Umm...yikes
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#3Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 12/20/2013 11:32:29 PM
Para-f**king-graphs!?!
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#4BeardedXBatman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 11:38:32 PM
it never ceases to amaze me that posting something longer than 4 or 5 sentences will inevitably draw a dozen responses from people saying 'you expect me to read ALL that??' is this seriously too much for you to handle? do you get seizures after the 4th line?
---
*This message has been brought to you by The Bearded Batman, LLC* CHAKRA ATTACK! HoMmMmMmm.... HoMmMmMmM
PSN/XBL - BeardedXBatman
#5SorbetowulfPosted 12/20/2013 11:41:08 PM
It's not the fact it's long, it's the fact that the capitalization is horrid and separate thoughts require separate paragraphs.

Basically, it's not the length I can't handle, it's the girth.

Bazinga.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#6Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 12/20/2013 11:43:16 PM
BeardedXBatman posted...
it never ceases to amaze me that posting something longer than 4 or 5 sentences will inevitably draw a dozen responses from people saying 'you expect me to read ALL that??' is this seriously too much for you to handle? do you get seizures after the 4th line?

I've read many novels that are over 1,000 pages. But the difference between those and your post? They all had the decency to use paragraphs.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#7BeardedXBatman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 11:45:30 PM
ok then, i apologize. from now on i'll treat each internet message board post as i did my thesis. i see now how wrong it was for me to post words the way i did. lesson learned.
---
PSN/XBL - BeardedXBatman