Does xbone use cell tech since it has blunray?

#1JchobotPosted 12/22/2013 11:57:31 AM
Does anyone know
#2krystylaPosted 12/22/2013 11:58:09 AM
What cell tech?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#3kingbahamut83Posted 12/22/2013 12:01:00 PM
Really doubt it. Cell was PS3 tech. Don't think they would use last Gen tech on next Gen consoles.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#4kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/22/2013 12:37:54 PM
no, the BLÜN-RAY was a secret nazi weapon in iron sky.

the cell is an absolute achievement in processing that was put in ps3, but is realised in many of the worlds supercomputers.

and bluray is simply an advancement in disc technology. like cd, dvd and now bd. the laser to read bluray is physically blue and using a tinier laser footprint more 1's and zeroes can be packed in to the same space.

sony patented and trademarked 'bluray' so ms pays a small fee to use this. its a standard as well as a specific tech. ms don't use sony bluray players in the xbox
#5krystylaPosted 12/22/2013 12:41:24 PM
kakarot-uchiha posted...

the cell is an absolute achievement in processing that was put in ps3, but is realised in many of the worlds supercomputers.

and bluray is simply an advancement in disc technology. like cd, dvd and now bd. the laser to read bluray is physically blue and using a tinier laser footprint more 1's and zeroes can be packed in to the same space.

sony patented and trademarked 'bluray' so ms pays a small fee to use this. its a standard as well as a specific tech. ms don't use sony bluray players in the xbox

Sony does hold neither, they belong to an consortium that owns the trademark and patent to bluray and that's were MS' money is going which is then split among participants.

Also lamenting on any of that is pretty useless as each company pays license fees to many different patent holders
---
#6kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/22/2013 1:15:35 PM
krystyla posted...
kakarot-uchiha posted...

Sony does hold neither, they belong to an consortium that owns the trademark and patent to bluray and that's were MS' money is going which is then split among participants.

Also lamenting on any of that is pretty useless as each company pays license fees to many different patent holders

well myth-busted, thank you, i thought they owned it. fascinating history and story, i had no idea drm was at the heart of this too. had bluray not been the standard and the other ones won, all hd stuff now would be totally locked down.

sony definitely invented it with phillips and pioneer, and made the first the bluray players and currently sits on that consortium and is in partial ownership, and helped found the bluray disc association, but had you not corrected me i never would have looked this up.

i'm really enjoying reading about this. can you imagine if hd dvd won? this started way back in 2000 and i never looked into it beyond the tech. its really interesting. i've already seen spun articles about it too :D i love this stuff! i thought it was just vhs vs beta.
#7krystylaPosted 12/22/2013 1:29:13 PM
kakarot-uchiha posted...
krystyla posted...
kakarot-uchiha posted...

well myth-busted, thank you, i thought they owned it. fascinating history and story, i had no idea drm was at the heart of this too. had bluray not been the standard and the other ones won, all hd stuff now would be totally locked down.

sony definitely invented it with phillips and pioneer, and made the first the bluray players and currently sits on that consortium and is in partial ownership, and helped found the bluray disc association, but had you not corrected me i never would have looked this up.

i'm really enjoying reading about this. can you imagine if hd dvd won? this started way back in 2000 and i never looked into it beyond the tech. its really interesting. i've already seen spun articles about it too :D i love this stuff! i thought it was just vhs vs beta.

Sony was a pretty big contributor to Bluray and helped push it especially through the PS3 that was one of the cheapest available bluray players available at the time. Sadly Sonys quality on products became worse by the year but their premium prices remained.
---
#8TheLeafChildPosted 12/22/2013 1:56:12 PM
Why would having bluray mean having a Cell processor?...
---
"Yin and Yang are not good and evil. Their unity is good, their struggle is evil"
#9kingbahamut83Posted 12/22/2013 2:57:41 PM
Everyone thinks/thought sony owned Blu Ray.

Read this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc_Association
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#10kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/22/2013 9:16:18 PM
kingbahamut83 posted...
Everyone thinks/thought sony owned Blu Ray.

Read this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc_Association

yeah its really interesting. the bluray wiki has more interesting info too. its easy to see how myself and everyone else thought they did making the first players. but they only co-own it, thats really cool, those companies did that. its not exactly open source but its worlds above the power grab that almost happened. it was funny reading some of the old articles and then some recent ones about the 'vs'. it seems some are still bitter 'bluray didn't win'. if hollywood and the drm hd dvd had won, i wonder if we wouldve even had an hd conversion. its crazy.