Is there a reason that there are almost NO demo systems anywhere?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is there a reason that there are almost NO demo systems anywhere?

User Info: Clutch41007

Clutch41007
3 years ago#1
The nearest Microsoft Store is over three hours away from me. The closest thing I've seen to a demo setup is at WalMart, and that was explicitly labeled as non-functional.

Interpret this however you want, but as crap as the PS4 demo stations are...at least they're live. What gives?
"On topic: Eminem is the greatest rapper alive." - tarheelborn15
"Holy ****....How many rappers have died today????" - Luda848

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
3 years ago#2
Clutch41007 posted...
The nearest Microsoft Store is over three hours away from me. The closest thing I've seen to a demo setup is at WalMart, and that was explicitly labeled as non-functional.

Interpret this however you want, but as crap as the PS4 demo stations are...at least they're live. What gives?

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't seen 1 demo station for Xbox One, but I will say that I haven't looked for demo stations at most of the stores i've been to. I looked in a couple Gamestops, and Best Buy. What I wanted to do was feel the Xbox One controller.

User Info: Suicidal_KO

Suicidal_KO
3 years ago#3
My local Gamestop has one.

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
3 years ago#4
Because the stores would have to download the day one patch in order for the console to function.
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925

User Info: segamaster316

segamaster316
3 years ago#5
There's no real reason for it at this point. I guess they don't yet feel they need to actually work to sell the units yet.
Who do you think you are, I am!

User Info: aszsith

aszsith
3 years ago#6
Why take a system away from being able to be sold so that people can stand in the store and play it for free? Playing in a store for a little while isn't going to convince you to buy the system. No one sinks $500 down unless they were already thinking about doing it.
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
(message deleted)

User Info: Tigercml

Tigercml
3 years ago#8
PC Richards had one but the idiots had the system standing on its side in an old 360 demo case. I wonder if it still works.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7aSfVRT7G62XtO1wGu1c2A
Check Out My Youtube Channel For PS4 Gameplay Videos And Clips!

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
3 years ago#9
aszsith posted...
Why take a system away from being able to be sold so that people can stand in the store and play it for free? Playing in a store for a little while isn't going to convince you to buy the system. No one sinks $500 down unless they were already thinking about doing it.
Na, some dope that doesn't even know they're out yet will see a demo station and be all like "dawg dese grafexs are dowp".
I've seen it happen a few times.
Usually though it's liek you said, people go to the store knowing what they're getting already and the cost heavily outweighs the reward.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.

User Info: segamaster316

segamaster316
3 years ago#10
Having demo units will sell a few on the spot. What's even better is that some may guarantee future sales. The customer may not have the money that day but what about a month later?
Who do you think you are, I am!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is there a reason that there are almost NO demo systems anywhere?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived