How are the triggers?

#1MacBookAirPosted 12/23/2013 8:56:32 AM
I have to say the idea of force feedback triggers sound really awesome, but I don't have an Xbox One and every store I go to just has the console and a demo video, no actual gameplay demos. Can someone describe to me how the triggers truly work, like how heavy/noticeable it is, etc.?
---
Lamborghini Huracan. Yes.
#2bessy67Posted 12/23/2013 8:59:24 AM
So far the only games I've played that use it are Assassin's Creed 4 and Battlefield 4. In Assassin's Creed 4 both triggers start pulsing when you are low on health, which I actually found pretty nice since I usually wasn't paying too close attention to my health bar. It was definitely noticeable but not annoyingly so. In BF4 the trigger rumbles as you shoot. Again, noticeable but not in a bad way.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3bob15xPosted 12/23/2013 9:10:16 AM(edited)
bessy67 posted...
So far the only games I've played that use it are Assassin's Creed 4 and Battlefield 4. In Assassin's Creed 4 both triggers start pulsing when you are low on health, which I actually found pretty nice since I usually wasn't paying too close attention to my health bar. It was definitely noticeable but not annoyingly so. In BF4 the trigger rumbles as you shoot. Again, noticeable but not in a bad way.

i dont notice rumble in the triggers in bf4, are you sure?

edit.... no bf4 does not support the impulse triggers, just read about ti. ONly forza so far
#4krystylaPosted 12/23/2013 9:13:26 AM
bob15x posted...
bessy67 posted...

edit.... no bf4 does not support the impulse triggers, just read about ti. ONly forza so far

AC IV does too I believe I heard that somewhere but I never noticed it
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#5Lerp85Posted 12/23/2013 9:16:57 AM
bob15x posted...
bessy67 posted...

Before stating ONLY forza, you really should make sure that it is the only game that uses it.

Games I have played that use it so far is AC4 and DR3.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#6motoraptorPosted 12/23/2013 9:26:26 AM
They feel a little less resistive than the 360 controller.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#7prince_nagashPosted 12/23/2013 9:35:17 AM
Is this basically just triggers that vibrate? I'm confused how it is more significant in comparison to just the whole controller vibrating in general.
#8krystylaPosted 12/23/2013 9:46:26 AM
prince_nagash posted...
Is this basically just triggers that vibrate? I'm confused how it is more significant in comparison to just the whole controller vibrating in general.

It can be individually adjusted, for instance different guns could give different feedback when pulling a trigger, Forza gives feedback on drifting and other stuff afaik
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#9Bigdaddy422Posted 12/23/2013 9:54:34 AM
NBA 2k14 uses the triggers and it does it really cool. When player is dribbling with left hand, you will feel a pulse on the right trigger mimicking a ball being dribbled. When he switches hands or dribbles between both hands, you feel the trigger alternate vibrations.

NFS and Forza use them so that you feel your tires slipping or engine accelerating.

DR3 uses them when firing weapons. It's pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure Ryse uses them too. Will have to check it again.
#10Bigdaddy422Posted 12/23/2013 9:55:29 AM
Edit. When player is dribbling on right hand you'll feel pulse on right trigger lol.