Can we all agree that next-gen is pretty bad so far?

#51darkstar4221Posted 12/24/2013 1:23:10 PM(edited)
-overpriced console? check
-pay for an online fee? check
-publishers nickling and diming consumers? check
-modding your console illegal? check

I always said online connection would be the death of console gaming because the console makers take advantage of online connection to implement their anti-consumer business practices. But this has been going on since last-gen.
#52pwnater777Posted 12/24/2013 1:22:14 PM
darkstar4221 posted...

I always said online connection would be the death of console gaming, because the console makers take advantage of online connection to implement their anti-consumer business practices. But this has been going on since last-gen.

Why would "modding your console illegal?" even be on that list? It was illegal for the last gen as well, not a new problem.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
#53Ryan-06Posted 12/24/2013 1:23:36 PM
pwnater777 posted...
"Long game installs"

Yeah, <1 minute to install a game is pretty friggin' long, right?

On PS4 you mean. 15-30 minutes on xboner.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67954432
---
0=Rei=Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
http://i.minus.com/i62zCjRBqSbrb.gif, bit.ly/1jRVFZA
#54pwnater777Posted 12/24/2013 1:26:53 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
pwnater777 posted...
"Long game installs"

Yeah, <1 minute to install a game is pretty friggin' long, right?

On PS4 you mean. 15-30 minutes on xboner.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67954432

Exactly. thus showing that not the entire "next-gen is pretty bad so far", it's just XBone with many of these issues.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
#55rockman11_zPosted 12/24/2013 1:41:49 PM
PenguinKoala posted...
rockman11_z posted...
PenguinKoala posted...
@rockman

I agree

But people are assuming the one's trolling in this topic are 14 years old.

Why do you keep insulting PoE? Is it insecurity because of how bad D3 is?

I'm not insulting PoE. It is a decent game. I just insult the usertroll base like you, sweetie. ^_^

Decent game?

It's better than Diablo 3 in every way

Diablo 3 is probably the worst game I've played in my life

That's what she said.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiance of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#56Ryan-06Posted 12/24/2013 1:45:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#57Dannyson97Posted 12/24/2013 1:52:15 PM
I don't know TC Xbox One seems pretty awesome, and my Wii U is getting a lot of play time.
---
The Dreamcast didn't fail, we failed the Dreamcast.
#58darkstar4221Posted 12/24/2013 3:10:36 PM(edited)
pwnater777 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...

I always said online connection would be the death of console gaming, because the console makers take advantage of online connection to implement their anti-consumer business practices. But this has been going on since last-gen.

Why would "modding your console illegal?" even be on that list? It was illegal for the last gen as well, not a new problem.

It's illegal under copyright law. Since copyright law makes it illegal to mod a console, console makers can do whatever they want their console sometimes at the expense of the consumer. That's why usually mods and hacks are much than what Sony/MS/Nintendo has to offer. For example with the PSP would you rather use Sony's expensive proprietary memory cards (the pro duo) or the cheaper standard memory cards? With the Wii if you install homebrew you can watch DVD movies and play emulators, something Nintendo didn't offer.

Yes there is some differences between Sony and MS and the PS4 and Xbox one, but at the core they are both the same.
#59pwnater777Posted 12/24/2013 2:52:43 PM
darkstar4221 posted...
pwnater777 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...

It's illegal under copyright law. Since under copyright law it's illegal to mod a console, console makers can do whatever they want their console sometimes at the expense of the consumer. That's why usually mods and hacks are much than what Sony/MS/Nintendo has to offer. For example with the PSP would you rather use Sony's expensive proprietary memory cards (the pro duo) or the cheaper standard memory cards?

The point is: Why would you add it to a list of complaints for the new gen if the same problem was on the last gen?
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
#60Exodus_PrimePosted 12/24/2013 3:19:59 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
^ Hah!

Xbonees are feeling the heat. Buyers remorse may spread next year.

http://i.imgur.com/2M9kZsL.gif

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37865301.jpg
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.