Buy forza or no?

#1DaShadowRebornPosted 12/24/2013 10:17:49 AM
Thinking about picking it up today. Does it really take a long time to get a single car or are people insanely exaggerating that?
---
XBL Gamer Tag: Lvl70Crucefix
#2RawringAirPosted 12/24/2013 10:19:08 AM
insanely exaggerating
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#3Exodus_PrimePosted 12/24/2013 10:19:35 AM
RawringAir posted...
insanely exaggerating

---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#4GiarccpsnPosted 12/24/2013 10:21:34 AM
DaShadowReborn posted...
Thinking about picking it up today. Does it really take a long time to get a single car or are people insanely exaggerating that?

You can get a few million credits free just by going to the forza rewards webpage. then you can buy some nice cars.
---
PSN ID: JoeKnightt
XboxLive GT: JoeKnightt
#5darkshadowmasterPosted 12/24/2013 10:22:20 AM
I bought a second car immidiately after clearing the first five races.

Unfortunately I didn't understand their class system so thought I could race my class C Supra vs the other Class C cars.

I was wrong.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#6EmbersOfElderPosted 12/24/2013 10:34:19 AM
I would say not to buy. They recently patched it to make it better but it's still heavy in grinding to buy and unlock cars and takes quite some time.
#7Exodus_PrimePosted 12/24/2013 10:35:52 AM
EmbersOfElder posted...
I would say not to buy. They recently patched it to make it better but it's still heavy in grinding to buy and unlock cars and takes quite some time.

I know right....the gaming gods forbid you actually work to earn something even in a video game...welcome to insta gratification generation.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#8EllesarienPosted 12/24/2013 10:38:15 AM
DaShadowReborn posted...

It's insanely exaggeration. I have 5.7 Mil in the bank right now (3 Mil of that is via the Forzamotorsports.net rewards program).

You can play career mode for weeks without even needing to buy a car over 100,000 while gaining money for when you do have to buy a more expensive car.

They upped the cash reward for a level from 13,500 to 35,000 also so we gain cash alot quicker now since the last patch.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#9ryan7968Posted 12/24/2013 10:42:54 AM
I've done maybe 25 races and own 4 cars including a Ferrari. Just go to the Forza board and find the link to the Forza Rewards page ( or google it), and you'll have a nice car in no time.

Best racing game I've ever played. I would recommend it to anyone unless you absolutely hate any and all racing games.
#10EmbersOfElderPosted 12/24/2013 10:43:39 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
EmbersOfElder posted...

I know right....the gaming gods forbid you actually work to earn something even in a video game...welcome to insta gratification generation.

There is a difference.

When people buy a racing game I doubt they want most of the cars locked from the start and have to grind and grind to unlock cars they actually want to use in a racing game.

I'm sure Dead Rising would sell much better if you had to use fists for the first 12 hours until you have enough money saved up to buy a baseball bat, then you grind more to buy a chainsaw.