Value in Games

#1SwiftXZPosted 12/25/2013 7:49:33 PM
As you can see the value of games drops rapidly months after a game is released sometimes even if the game has high demand. Ryse is $50 on Amazon and Forza is currently $40, which I personally find odd. But does this mean games are always overpriced to be able to take cuts after a fad dies down a month after release. Is a new game really ever worth $60?
#2I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 12/25/2013 7:53:58 PM
SwiftXZ posted...
As you can see the value of games drops rapidly months after a game is released sometimes even if the game has high demand. Ryse is $50 on Amazon and Forza is currently $40, which I personally find odd. But does this mean games are always overpriced to be able to take cuts after a fad dies down a month after release. Is a new game really ever worth $60?

Meh, hard to say due to it being Christmas time. You're obviously going to see some specials. We'll see what happens with the next wave of games to be released.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#3SwiftXZ(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 7:57:50 PM
I agree with the fact that its He Holiday specials to an extent but, this isn't something new, and I doubt it'll go away with the Next/Current Gen that has just arrived.
#4SunDevil77Posted 12/25/2013 8:02:04 PM
SwiftXZ posted...
But does this mean games are always overpriced

No. Gaming is cheaper than it has ever been.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 12/25/2013 8:03:28 PM
SwiftXZ posted...
I agree with the fact that its He Holiday specials to an extent but, this isn't something new, and I doubt it'll go away with the Next/Current Gen that has just arrived.

I figured the price of games lately would be dropping quickly due to the consoles coming to the end of it's life cycle. I expect the next gen games to maintain their price a little longer as they are new and fancy lol.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#6CKnightPosted 12/25/2013 8:08:37 PM
Problem is your listing one source. Forza 5 and DR3 are still $60 at most other retailers.

Amazon and other retailers are known to have specials and deals once in awhile that don't reflect the overall price of the game.

It'll be awhile before Forza 5 and such drops to $40 as the standard price across the board.
#7SwiftXZ(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 8:21:53 PM
Good points, thanks guys, I know Walmart had some launch titles at $50 but I'm sure that was just because of the holiday specials.

Although I can agree gaming is cheaper than ever, I still feel that if games can go on sale a couple months later for 25-50% off on sites like amazon, greenmangaming (for pc gamers) and soon afterword brick and mortar stores, they can feel overpriced (even though millions can be spent creating them).
#8Lerp85Posted 12/25/2013 8:29:49 PM
SwiftXZ posted...
Good points, thanks guys, I know Walmart had some launch titles at $50 but I'm sure that was just because of the holiday specials.

Although I can agree gaming is cheaper than ever, I still feel that if games can go on sale a couple months later for 25-50% off on sites like amazon, greenmangaming (for pc gamers) and soon afterword brick and mortar stores, they can feel overpriced (even though millions can be spent creating them).

You are acting like this kind of mark up is new or something. It isn't. It is on all items, no matter what you buy. I have worked in retail for a couple years now, and you would not believe the mark up they put on things. Five hour energy shots cost generally $3 or so, but they only cost the store like $1 or 50 cents. This happens with everything.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#9SwiftXZ(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 8:38:07 PM
I haven't seen 5 hour Energy shots drop to a dollar after a month of being on a shelf. I never said this was something new, nor did I act like it but if the gaming community has come to accept it I'm cool with it to, party because I guess there's nothing that can really be done about it except buy later.
#10Lerp85Posted 12/25/2013 8:46:59 PM
SwiftXZ posted...
I haven't seen 5 hour Energy shots drop to a dollar after a month of being on a shelf. I never said this was something new, nor did I act like it but if the gaming community has come to accept it I'm cool with it to, party because I guess there's nothing that can really be done about it except buy later.

Well games get less and less sales, unlike other things, so they reduce in price after a while. Look at other things, like Bluray players, or tv sets, they all reduce in price after a while, it is not exclusive to gaming as you seem to think it is.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.