Loving my new Xbone!

#1ceibantoPosted 12/26/2013 1:55:55 PM
Man oh man, this system is great. A lot better than what I had imagined. At first, I decided against using the Kinect because I absolutely loathed it on the Xbox 360. I'm happy to report that the Xbone's Kinect is much better and is actually useful.

Having to wait on installs is never fun, but thankfully I was playing at around 20-40% complete. Dead Rising 3 left a great first impression, Battlefield 4 looks stunning and plays as smooth as butter, and Cod Ghosts... looks a lot like current gen to me. Looks a little better but not enough to blow your mind.

The controller is great, of course. The only weird thing to me is how spaced apart the LB and RB buttons are to the triggers. But after awhile, you get used to it.

Its great to see how far Microsoft has come with the Xbox brand. I can't wait to tinker with more features and to experience more games.

Any questions about anything? Ask away. Oh, and before anyone asks, I have not used the TV features. I rarely eve watch TV and when I do, its on an antenna.
#2zeekcruz425Posted 12/26/2013 1:58:29 PM
ceibanto posted...
Man oh man, this system is great. A lot better than what I had imagined. At first, I decided against using the Kinect because I absolutely loathed it on the Xbox 360. I'm happy to report that the Xbone's Kinect is much better and is actually useful.

Having to wait on installs is never fun, but thankfully I was playing at around 20-40% complete. Dead Rising 3 left a great first impression, Battlefield 4 looks stunning and plays as smooth as butter, and Cod Ghosts... looks a lot like current gen to me. Looks a little better but not enough to blow your mind.

The controller is great, of course. The only weird thing to me is how spaced apart the LB and RB buttons are to the triggers. But after awhile, you get used to it.

Its great to see how far Microsoft has come with the Xbox brand. I can't wait to tinker with more features and to experience more games.

Any questions about anything? Ask away. Oh, and before anyone asks, I have not used the TV features. I rarely eve watch TV and when I do, its on an antenna.

You want to see next gen graphics? buy ryse and or forza 5. They look AMAZING!
---
God is love. GT MERK uNd HeaD
Boston Red Sox 2013 World Champions!!!
#3RaRitsujunPosted 12/26/2013 1:59:35 PM
Xbone180'd.
---
18700 XBL Gamerscores | 40 PSN Platinums - Level 24 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#4crucialPosted 12/26/2013 2:10:07 PM
Grats bro,got mine on launch day and still can not get enough of DR3,and if you want a sharp looking game buy Forza and rent Ryse,Ryse is a shorter game that can be beat over a weekend and screams rental.

Enjoy.
#5ceibanto(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 3:38:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah, Ryse and Forza are next on my list.
#6120N7Posted 12/26/2013 3:52:45 PM
Ryse is stunning, but DR3 was the surprise for me. The graphics are almost current-gen but the sheer number of zombies onscreen is phenomenal.

Anyway, good to know you're enjoying your new console. The best is yet to come :)
#7mokmuudPosted 12/26/2013 3:55:33 PM
zeekcruz425 posted...
ceibanto posted...

You want to see next gen graphics? buy ryse and or forza 5. They look AMAZING!

I'd go with Forza. Ryse is garbage IMO.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#8archibald3Posted 12/26/2013 4:49:28 PM
How are the voice commands working out for you ?
#9kingbahamut83Posted 12/26/2013 5:15:10 PM
I got mine last saturday and it came with forza, dead rising and ghosts. Ghosts has better lighting than 360 but thats it. Forza looks amazing, so far best looking game I've played. Just got battlefield and AC4 today. Played BF for about an hour. So far I like it better than 3. I also was hugely against the kinect but I plugged it in about 30 minutes after I setup my console.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#10GiarccpsnPosted 12/26/2013 6:29:44 PM
120N7 posted...
The graphics are almost current-gen but the sheer number of zombies onscreen is phenomenal.

The number of zombies on screen is what makes it 'next gen'.
---
PSN ID: JoeKnightt
XboxLive GT: JoeKnightt