Xbox One not worth it till new Halo/Gears/Fable and no more forced Kinect.

#11krystylaPosted 12/26/2013 11:39:28 PM
CKnight posted...
BDJayce posted...
I totally.. wait Halo? Gears? Fable?

All of them started out strong but eventually went kersplat and aren't even worth the hype that gets bought for them. Maybe Titanfall, despite my misgivings about the online only thing, or Project Spark or hell even a multiplat but those 3 series had their shots.. and they milked them to the point where their fanbases aren't near as strong as they used to be and the hype is so obvious that anyone with half a brain can see through it.

Fable 3 sold over 4 million about the same as God of War 3 and more than GoW Ascension.

Halo 4 sold more than nearly every PS3 exclusive save for GT5.

So what's exactly kerplat about any of them besides your personal opinion?

And please just use facts, I don't want to hear I think this or that sucks. Because your saying those games no longer have appeal when your clearly wrong based on the success of the last installment of each series.

Really, 4 million? Because that game was utter crap, especially considering how great Fable was, and 2 still being quite good
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#12BDJaycePosted 12/26/2013 11:44:58 PM
CKnight posted...
BDJayce posted...

All of them started out strong but eventually went kersplat and aren't even worth the hype that gets bought for them. Maybe Titanfall, despite my misgivings about the online only thing, or Project Spark or hell even a multiplat but those 3 series had their shots.. and they milked them to the point where their fanbases aren't near as strong as they used to be and the hype is so obvious that anyone with half a brain can see through it.

Fable 3 sold over 4 million about the same as God of War 3 and more than GoW Ascension.

And please just use facts, I don't want to hear I think this or that sucks. Because your saying those games no longer have appeal when your clearly wrong based on the success of the last installment of each series.

The names sold, the games didn't. I bought both on release day and while they had some fun moments, they didn't live up to the hype or their namesake. Every person i've heard talk about either game has been disappointed in them.

Maybe they aren't complete crap, maybe people still buy them.. but here's a question? When did I bring up PS3 or PS4 or Sony? Why are you treating me like some sony fanboy you need to take your frustrations out on?

I like Xbox, don't have an Xbox One but neither do I have a PS4, I was simply stating that those 3 series have gone downhill and aren't worth the hype anymore don't get angry with me and try to continue the childish console war here.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#13BDJaycePosted 12/26/2013 11:56:18 PM
Also TC, there's never not going to be a semi-forced Kinect. The Xbox One will always come, in some form, with a Kinect. I think they allow you to shut it off though and it's not needed beyond initial setup. I wouldn't know but I hear the UI is basically hell to use without it.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#14krystylaPosted 12/27/2013 12:01:53 AM
BDJayce posted...
CKnight posted...
BDJayce posted...

The names sold, the games didn't. I bought both on release day and while they had some fun moments, they didn't live up to the hype or their namesake. Every person i've heard talk about either game has been disappointed in them.

Maybe they aren't complete crap, maybe people still buy them.. but here's a question? When did I bring up PS3 or PS4 or Sony? Why are you treating me like some sony fanboy you need to take your frustrations out on?

I like Xbox, don't have an Xbox One but neither do I have a PS4, I was simply stating that those 3 series have gone downhill and aren't worth the hype anymore don't get angry with me and try to continue the childish console war here.

I agree about Fable, the series went downhill and albeit Fable 2 looked gorgeous the game was average at best, I do have faith in Lionhead though and I had the chance to talk to one of them at Gamescom about Fable Anniversary, which was very pleasant, and them taking new directions with Legends makes me confident they will deliver.

343 on the other hand took a new direction with Halo 4 and managed to make a much more compelling singleplayer and I have confidence will get the MP better this time.

Can't talk about Gears, never interested me
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#15teehee23Posted 12/27/2013 12:23:24 AM
We disagree and Xbox #1 is worth it even if you don't have a television.
Just holding the redesigned controller in your hands for a single minute is worth the price of the console.

Now if you do have a television you just scored the deal of the century with the greatest launch games ever with Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct (oh my gawd it is so good!), Forza 5, and Crimson Dragon.

HALO, new Gears, new Fable will just be gravy as Xbox #1 defines itself as the true champion of the next gen, but now.

You're welcome.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#16CKnightPosted 12/27/2013 9:10:53 AM
BDJayce posted...
CKnight posted...
BDJayce posted...

Everything your saying doesn't mean anything, everyone I talk to says good things about both games and feels Halo 4 was a big improvement over Halo 3 so where does that leave us?

Is your handful of opinions more valid than my handful of opinions? To you sure.

Looking at sales and overall reviews in the media points to Halo 4 and Fable being big successes in the last installment, to call even Fable a failure is saying 90% of all PS3 exclusives went kersplat.

We won't know the true impact of Fable 3 and Halo 4 until the next installments are released. Until then anyone saying this or that is no longer good or hype is just talking out the ass.

And using hype in general is pretty lame because nothing lives up to the hype especially on the internet where peoples natural reaction is to complain and trash.

Some of the best games of the last gen always had a handful of people thinking theyre the majority saying it wasn't that good or flat out sucked.