X1 blu-ray drive is better than the PS4

#1JeePeeDee_basicPosted 12/27/2013 4:15:27 AM
Its ironic eh? Last night I tested to play blu-ray movies on both system and I was surprised to see the Xbox one BR drive is clearly superior.

For some reason one of my blu ray never worked on the PS3 but always worked on a stand alone blu ray player. I tested rhis blu ray on the ps4 and its still not working but on the X1 it works just fine. Also you cant multi task on the ps4 while watching a br Movie. You have ro quit the movie to return to the PS4 UI just like the ps3 but on X1 you can do just like any other apps and multitasking. Also it seems the BR load a little quicker on the Xbone.

I just wanted to know if someone else notice this. It seems the Xbone is a truly well made multimedia system and because of that I want to spend more of my time on my Xbone. The ps4 feels like just a game console and nothing extra witch is cool but when you look at the ps3 who does more multimedia things compared to the ps4 Im wondering why Sony come that way for their new flagship device.
#2Jedi454Posted 12/27/2013 4:19:04 AM
Well i'm Revan mate.
---
GT: DyingRoman
My Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/DyingRomanGaming
#3Spetsnaz420Posted 12/27/2013 4:21:52 AM
Well with all that scientific data you just presented you are obviously right and know lots about hardware
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#4FOXSOLIDPosted 12/27/2013 4:24:31 AM
Not that I believe you TC, but what's funny is that all the things people talk up about the X1 are features that have nothing to do with playing video games. You know? That main feature we get these consoles for? You know? That main feature that PS4 does better hand over fist?

Yeah, talk up your gimmicks to your heart's content, its all you have.
#5Gamer4e4Posted 12/27/2013 4:27:55 AM
Whether you are right,wrong or trolling I simply don't care. But I'll tell you one thing.

I wanted to buy a GAMES console for GAMING.

I dont give a crap about social media, streaming, sharing, TV, Sport, Films or any other thing.

I wanted a games console that was focused on GAMING.

I believe I made the correct choice with my PS4 which now sits happily next to my 250gb Xbox 360.
#6JeePeeDee_basic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 4:36:26 AM
No trolling here. I just explain what I like on my X1. I dont know for you, but I loved my ps3 for years because of multimedia capabilities. I found it very handy when tou play a lot on the same console and being able to do other things at the same place. I dont know why everyone dont like this at all. Never saying the ps4 was crap, in fact i like my ps4.
#7RyuuHou25Posted 12/27/2013 4:42:26 AM
JeePeeDee_basic posted...
Its ironic eh? Last night I tested to play blu-ray movies on both system and I was surprised to see the Xbox one BR drive is clearly superior.

For some reason one of my blu ray never worked on the PS3 but always worked on a stand alone blu ray player. I tested rhis blu ray on the ps4 and its still not working but on the X1 it works just fine. Also you cant multi task on the ps4 while watching a br Movie. You have ro quit the movie to return to the PS4 UI just like the ps3 but on X1 you can do just like any other apps and multitasking. Also it seems the BR load a little quicker on the Xbone.

I just wanted to know if someone else notice this. It seems the Xbone is a truly well made multimedia system and because of that I want to spend more of my time on my Xbone. The ps4 feels like just a game console and nothing extra witch is cool but when you look at the ps3 who does more multimedia things compared to the ps4 Im wondering why Sony come that way for their new flagship device.

1 - That means the blu ray is faulty, not the drives. Warped DVDs work much the same way, they will work perfectly on some drives, not at all on others.

2 - That's great you can curb your ADD on X1, that has nothing to do with the blu ray player though, that's the OS.

3 - Because they stated, months ago, that the PS4 was meant to be a more gaming oriented console. The multimedia is coming because of course there was large outcry about it, specifically CD playback and MP3 support and external HDD support so people could play movie files.

4 - PS4 has media apps and what not you realize, so....
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#8shads3055Posted 12/27/2013 6:45:50 AM
xbox games, all in one system and everything else is better then ps4
#9VirobotPosted 12/27/2013 6:47:44 AM
Troll confirmed. Fire cannons.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
#10skermacPosted 12/27/2013 6:49:33 AM
Gamer4e4 posted...
Whether you are right,wrong or trolling I simply don't care. But I'll tell you one thing.

I wanted to buy a GAMES console for GAMING.

I dont give a crap about social media, streaming, sharing, TV, Sport, Films or any other thing.

I wanted a games console that was focused on GAMING.

I believe I made the correct choice with my PS4 which now sits happily next to my 250gb Xbox 360.

Then you bought the wrong console. MS has said since day one the Xbox One is an entertainment center that does everything. It's NOT designed as a gaming console, its designed and marketed as a do anything console. Same with the PS4 to an extent.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive