Games consoles, by definition, are machines built to have fun with. Toys.

#11SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 2:06:13 PM
I think the true irony of my thread is that I wrote it to raise awareness and obviousness of the stupidity of being so blatantly bound to a single platform, and yet the responses were completely and utterly "Lol, you're desperate, you fanboy of a toy I am averse to!" - come the hell on, people.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#12nableetPosted 12/27/2013 2:30:41 PM
I like Brown sauce on my bacon and red on my sausage (both sauces if I have both meats!).

The above statement could cause an arguement in the UK, bottom line is anyone will argue anything! Toys or sauce!
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#13SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 2:34:06 PM
nableet posted...
I like Brown sauce on my bacon and red on my sausage (both sauces if I have both meats!).

The above statement could cause an arguement in the UK, bottom line is anyone will argue anything! Toys or sauce!

Oh, nableet, you do know how to make a scotsman riled. SQUARE SASSIDGE HAS AINLEY WAN WAY O' EATIN'!
---
#14SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 12:59:09 AM
mcnichoj posted...
People blow everything out of proportion.
Look at any type of fantasy sports.

I understand what passion is, and equally, I appreciate zealous mania too, so long as it's solely positive (humans are capable of loving something a truly inordinate, absurd amount -and appreciate similar things for having attributes similar to the thing they love - without hating all other things that exist).

But all this blind hatred towards TOYS. Children actively furious that their classmates would even have the gall to show up to school with a Nerf gun and not a Super Soaker, to the point it's worth bullying him over.

Both toys do the same thing in a slightly different way, so they should appreciate the nuances of both and play together, but instead the boys with the Nerf guns slander, demean, belittle and upset little Super Soaker Stuart, ripping to pieces him and his toy alike, forgetting that if they ever looked in the mirror, their toy looks a damned sight similar.

Try not being a bunch of juvenile toy bullies, as that's what you're being.
---
#152ndAtomiskPosted 12/29/2013 3:41:04 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
And I am having a great deal of fun with my Xbox One as I have done, and WILL do, with my Wii U, my PSVita, my 3DS - I am yet to buy a PS4.

Games consoles are simply machines built to experience games upon. GAMES. Games are, by definition, fun with rules.Fun with constraints. Fun with parameters. But, FUN. They are for all ages - portals into unique circumstances where we all have FUN. The difference between games and toys are merely the rules - "an effigy, machine or creation designed solely for the purpose of amusement" is the definition of a toy - a game is the same thing with certain parameters.

So why is it that devices designed specifically to convey fun and joy - can cause so much ridiculous malice from people who refuse to accept they are playing an exceptionally sophisticated toy with rules?

You are playing with a toy. A cool toy, a super-awesome high-tech toy - but still a toy. So when you fight over which toy is cooler - you are nothing more than children fighting over toys.

Good post. Honestly never thought of it like this, but I have to agree with you.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#16TenzhiPosted 12/29/2013 3:51:31 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
So when you fight over which toy is cooler - you are nothing more than children fighting over toys.

And children fighting over which toy is cooler are merely acting on basic human nature. Everything - matters both grave and trivial - becomes a case of Us vs. Them. Race, religion, nationality, music, sports teams, food, game consoles, comic book companies, story canon, systems of measurement, politics... we are divisive by nature - it has nothing to do with maturity.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#17Spetsnaz420Posted 12/29/2013 3:56:43 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
My Go-bots, GI Joes, and Masters of the Universe figures all get along, why can't we?

Ahhh Go-bots... What I wouldn't do to go back to that part of my childhood
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#18Smackdowner1Posted 12/29/2013 4:32:21 AM
They aren't toys.
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#19teknic1200Posted 12/29/2013 5:35:18 AM
my computer's a toy also. I built it purely for my own enjoyment, I have other machines for work.

how's that saying go?

"he who dies with the most toys, wins!"
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#20SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 3:24:39 PM
teknic1200 posted...
my computer's a toy also. I built it purely for my own enjoyment, I have other machines for work.

how's that saying go?

"he who dies with the most toys, wins!"

Secretly in love with you. But yes, a PC also has the capacity to be a mere toy, should you have built it for nothing more than simple amusement. I'm nearly 30, so of course I am guilty of this. If you built your PC for nothing more than simple amusement - the PC is a toy, and nothing beyond.
---